is it possible to use my pearl 9105 just with my home wifi, not use any 3g services. so basically use it as a normal phone for texting and calls - and use it wifi when im at home or at work>?

thanks
    Last edited by adougl26; 09-16-12 at 06:19 AM. Reason: add phone is 9105
    09-16-12 06:19 AM
    Yes, completely! I do the same thing with my Curve 8320, although stuff like BBM won't work over WiFi unless your have BB Data Plan...
    09-16-12 06:52 AM
    You can use the device for just texting and calling without a data plan.

But those don't use WiFi, so what exactly are you trying to do? You won't be able to use data features without a data plan even over WiFi..
    09-16-12 07:27 AM

But those don't use WiFi, so what exactly are you trying to do? You won't be able to use data features without a data plan even over WiFi..

i'm trying to use the wifi at home, like i do just now with my playbook for example.
    09-16-12 09:12 AM
    BB phones need a BIS plan to use most apps. Not the same as the PlayBook.
    09-16-12 01:17 PM
    Yes. When you say "use the wifi at home", what exactly does that mean to you?

Are you saying that you want to browse the internet? If so, again, that is a data feature and requires a BlackBerry Data Plan.

As noted, the BlackBerry phone operates differently from the PlayBook.
    09-16-12 01:36 PM
    Yes. When you say "use the wifi at home", what exactly does that mean to you?

Are you saying that you want to browse the internet? If so, again, that is a data feature and requires a BlackBerry Data Plan.

As noted, the BlackBerry phone operates differently from the PlayBook.
    Umm...I think you are seriously mistaken, it's perfectly possible to browse the internet WITHOUT a Data Plan and just over pure WiFi. Of course it's kinda pointless but if it floats your boat, then...
    09-18-12 09:57 AM
    Umm...I think you are seriously mistaken, it's perfectly possible to browse the internet WITHOUT a Data Plan and just over pure WiFi. Of course it's kinda pointless but if it floats your boat, then...

that is exactly what i would like to do. the problem i have had is that i have been told that i have successfully connected to my router, but then when i open the broswer, it says i am not connected
    09-18-12 02:39 PM
    that is exactly what i would like to do. the problem i have had is that i have been told that i have successfully connected to my router, but then when i open the broswer, it says i am not connected
    Ok, well there are many possible reasons why this is happening, try using a different browser (Opera Mini is one option), try another router or try reloading your service books, to do so follow this procedure:

1. Download the attachment and extract it somewhere where you can find it later
    2. Fire up your BB, navigate to Settings -> Advanced -> Service Books
    3. Holding ALT on your keyboard, type SBEB
    4. You should get a confirmation message: "Legacy SB Restore Mode Enabled"
    5. Ok, put your BB aside for a moment and open up BB Desktop Manager
    6. Connect your BB through USB
    7. Click on "Device" on the left hand top corner
    8. Click on "Restore" and select the .ipd file you just extracted
    9. Click Restore, should take a couple of seconds
    10. After its done, safetly remove your BB
    11. Check under service books and your Browser service book should be there!

Your browser should work now, if you have any questions etc. feel free to PM me...
    jope28 likes this.
    09-19-12 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD