Has anyone tried using the Cradlepoint CTR350 mobile router with a pearl 8130? According to Cradlepoint's website the device is compatible with the 8130, but I was hoping to get some first hand feedback from someone who's done it (or tried). I am mainly looking for a way to tether my BB to an iPod touch, but the idea of tethering other WiFi devices (laptop, etc.) seems appealing as well for vacations and such.

Still, I'm on the fence about buying the CTR350 and upgrading my Verizon service to allow mobile broadband access. Seems like a decent amount to spend without knowing how it will work...

Thanks in advance
    03-03-09 09:57 PM
    you should just by a wireless card i wouldnt spend the money on that to use your BB as a Modem for multiple Pc's

the connection for 1 pc is fine but on a network is pointless
    03-04-09 04:56 PM
    True for networking multiple PCs the bandwidth would probably be too small. But for one or two devices (say, an iPod touch and a laptop) it might be ok. Also, there is no other way to tether an iPod touch except via WiFi, and that is one of the main reasons I am interested.

Opinions aside, I was wondering if anyone had actual experience doing this?
    03-04-09 09:13 PM
    I'm trying use my 8130 (Sprint) with CTR350, and having difficulties. The phone is recognized by CTR350 and the router gets IP address, DNS servers, and gateway, but I cannot browse any sites from a connected PC. Pinging the gateway or DNS servers hangs up. I'm working with Cradlepoint customer support, but their responses are slow probably due to the holidays.

Does anyone successfully use 8130 with CTR350?

My firmware versions are as follows.
    BB 8130: 4.5.0.131
    CTR350: 2.5.0

-Gen
    Last edited by gens8130; 12-30-09 at 02:24 AM.
    12-30-09 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD