So, I've been poking round on the forums for a while, but haven't found all the info I need, and some info didn't seem right.

I'm on OS v4.3.0.127
    I recently bought an 8gb memory card, which my phone definitely recognizes.

My free space (for the built in memory) says 0, and my memory card seems to have 7.4gb of free space.

I guess, what I'm asking is: How do I use my memory card as my storage space for everything (apps, media and such) and use the built in memory as my RAM, so my phone stops being so damn slow.

Seriously, the hour glass is horrid.

Also, I'm on a mac using Pocket Mac Sync.
    05-19-09 06:03 PM
    I wanna know too
    05-19-09 06:18 PM
    1. Search the forums for a thread on "increasing blackberry's file free". Highly recommended!
    2. Delete any apps or themes that you hardly use
    3. Clear call logs, SMS folder, and emails that you don't need anymore
    4. On your phone go to options>security options>memory cleaning, and make sure this option is enabled. Return to your home screen and click the memory cleaning icon.
    5. Again from the home screen, hold down the ALT key (lower left on the keypad) and type "lglg". Then press alt again and select clear logs
    6. Once you're all done. Leave the power on and pull the battery out for a minute or 2. Insert and wait for it to power up. Check your file free and be amazed

As far as transfering media, under options>media card make sure mas media storage is enabled. This allows drag and drop file transfers instead of using the slow and useless media manager bundled with your desktop software!

Hope this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 06:35 PM
    You ideally want to have a minimum of 12k free internal memory so your BB runs smoothly.

05-19-09 07:39 PM
    Ah, so I cleaned it up a bunch, deleted a whole lotta apps that I'll never use. Deleted the mem app after I was done with it.

How do I put all my pics on my mem card from storage?

Also, Aerize seems to have 2 or 3 apps that would be useful for this stuff, are they worth it?
    05-19-09 10:12 PM
    The best way to put your pics on mem card from device memory is to plug your bb in your computer. Now when you do this you should enable mass storage mode where the bb acts like a removable drive where you can just drag and drop files to and from the bb/media card.

05-19-09 10:17 PM
    When I do that, there's nothing in my folders... How do I get the pics I've taken from my phone to my mem card?
    05-19-09 10:27 PM
    Moving images between device and media card is done with:

Media / Explore.

You have to do the one at a time.
    05-20-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD