Hello all

this is my first post, so do bare with me

i have just bought a 2nd hand Pearl 8100 which was locked to Vodafone (UK) i bought an unlock code, which has worked fine, and i have now inserted my O2 (UK) sim card into it, it connects fine and has a stable GPRS connection.

The sim card is a data specific (No voice calls) as it is from my company Enterprise account and we have separate blackberrys and mobile phones (i have no idea why) the company blackberry was a 8700g, which is where the sim is from. i basically want to use the same sim but in the 8100 rather than the 8700g. As soon as i got the 8100 i wiped the phone of all settings etc but it obviously still has all the vodafone branding. The problem i have is when i try to activate it on the enterprise server, it says activating for about 10 mins + and then throws an error saying there was a problem communicating with the enterprise server (i have been issued a new activation password by our admin) do i need to do anything else to the handset to allow enterprise activation i.e. are there vodafone specific settings that need to be changed somewhere on the device. Would i be able to update the handset with O2 specific firmware?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    12-03-08 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD