ok i have the 8130 and im on verizon i have the data plan and i want to use it as a modem but when i start verizons program to set it up my cpu wont find my blackberry am i doing something wrong?
    11-21-08 08:17 PM
    I do not actually do what you are asking nor do I know a lot about it but here is a link that may help you. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...y-modem-19093/
    11-21-08 09:50 PM
    regardless if you have unlimted data on your BB, you need to contact VZW and set up Mobile Boradband Acess. They have to add it to your account, and it ususally takes a day for it to hit. It costs $10 additional per month, in addition to the unlimted data/calling plan.

Make sure your BB is connected completely to the PC (I only say this because my sync cable can be a little flimsy sometime).

Verizon is one of the only companies that does in fact charge extra to use your BB as a modem. Trust me (as I spent about 3 days trying to find a workaround for this), if it's something you are definitely going to use, just go ahead and do it through VZW, and save yourself a headache. It is a decent connection; you aren't gonna be able to surf the net for hours on end, but if you are just looking for something to check email, quick search, etc. its perfect. I used it on my last vacation (after finding out that my free wifi where I stay is no more), and found it to be pretty decent.

good luck!
    11-22-08 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD