I'm using a Blackberry Pearl 8100 version 4.2.1 and all I want is a user manual that actually applies to my phone. The user manuals at blackberry.com constantly refer to options and buttons that I just don't have! Over and over again they tell me to click Options, then click General Options. I have no General Options. I have Advanced Options, among other things, but that never has the things I'm looking for. For an example, to set the default volume for calls it says to go to General Options and set the Default Call Volume field. I have none of these options, no matter where I look. This happens over and over again with every question I have. Any suggestions?
    03-12-10 01:28 PM
    Some, or probably a lot of these "options" are part of the "application" that you have to be in first. For example, your default volume... you have to be in the "Call Log" screen, then click the menu button (the Blackberry logo button to the left of the trackball), then go down to that "Options", then you'll see "General Options" and then "Default Call Volume" is second from the bottom.

Among others, the calendar, address book and email has a "General Options" after selecting "Options" using the menu button while in those apps.
    Last edited by joeldf; 03-12-10 at 04:45 PM.
    03-12-10 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD