I bought an 8120 off ebay a couple months ago. I do not have a data plan and had intentions of experimenting with the wifi feature while using the phone for my current unlimited voice plan.
    I can not make calls out unless I add a 1 plus the area code. If not I get a message stating the international call I dialed can not be completed. I received this months bill and although no additional charges, I had several new categories of international calls - all calls made last moth were identified as international but charged as local included.
    So, I guess my question is, can I make this phone american while keeping it unlocked ? My signal reception is very unstable and I tried using 2 different bluetooth headsets that the phone had to be no more than 3" away in order to work. Will changing this phone over possibly make things better for Bluetooth and GSM reception?
    So far I like the phone, I am just asking for the basics-local ID, simple dialing, and bluetooth. Beware of ebay, this phone was listed as factory refurb but I think it was just a recase.

Thanks for any help on this.
    Bryan
    11-20-09 01:33 PM
    Try: Phone log (Green key) options (left menu key) Smart dialing and change the country code to +1
    11-20-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD