As it turns out, I believe I have been sold a used BB!
    I bought it, "Brand new" and I have yet been able to set up an e-mail account.
    Whever I have tried, I have been told that an account with my PIN already exists.
    Also, if it WAS configured, whenever I would chose "Compose e-mail" option in my messages, why would a message saying "No message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft"?

All of this was made a little clearer about 10 minutes ago though.

I went to the Blackberry Internet Service Account (?) to see if I could set up my E-mail account there.
    No such luck!
    As it turns out, my e-mail HAS been configured!
    Not by me, however.
    I chose "Lost Password", entered my PIN, and voila! A password that made absolutely NO sence to me, was sent to my phone.

Now, I understand what this means.
    However, I am not sure what to do about it.
    Must I take it back to the store, and get a new one? Or, is there anyway to just delete this off of my BB?
    There are many things on my phone that I would like to keep, so naturally, the lather is more desired.

Also, has this happened to many people? I believe it is a down-right outrage to be sold a used product, with a new price sticker!!
    And it's not as if these little puppies are cheap either!

Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks.
    05-26-08 03:38 AM
    If you purchased the phone at full retail price, I would go in and demand that they refund you the difference between full retail pice and the used price for equipment. Explain to them your issues in a calm way, and I bet they would be more than happy to help.

If you bought the phone at the 2yr contract price, that is up to you. I personally would want a new phone when I sign that service agreement.

I imagine that it was not done knowingly, and they probably will feel really bad when you tell them what has happened anyway.
    05-26-08 09:41 AM
    yeah if you paid full price for the phone then I would take this back demand a brand new phone or money back.
    05-26-08 10:18 AM
    Aside from the email stuff, what else makes you think it's a used phone. I mean, when you purchase it someone at the store should have done some set up for you, ie register you with BB right? That happened to me. My phone came with a trio of messages from my carrier and BB showing activation.
    05-26-08 07:07 PM
    Could have been a returned phone that was set up before the buyer decided they didn't like BB.
    05-26-08 07:15 PM
    As much as these phones cost, I would return the phone. Be mindful that you will have to explain the circumstances and be prepared for the run-around, but you have every right to have some sort of compensation for receiving a used phone.
    05-26-08 07:23 PM
    if they gave you a password...sign in and delete the email account...that's if you want to keep the phone...me personally...I do a backup of the info you have and take the phone back and get a "New" one or the difference in price at at least!
    05-26-08 07:52 PM
    It is quite a long story.
    I actually bought the phone from my old managers boyfriend.
    When I originally got the phone, it was my managers. I went in the next day for a new phone.
    So it should have been a new phone.
    I did not get set up. I did not receive a password, or anything like that.
    05-27-08 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD