This doesn't seem to be a problem with my PC, but my Mac is all of a sudden dropping the charging icon after about 3 or 4 seconds. It doesn't show up at all in PocketMac. I checked System Profiler, and it does show the Blackberry as having been connected on the USB high-speed bus port. I've tried the OEM and other cables, to the same effect.

WHAT THE HEY?!

I might add that before I had my hard drive replaced last week, it worked like a charm.
    Last edited by Dr.ElwinRansom; 10-01-08 at 07:06 PM.
    10-01-08 07:04 PM
    There have been numerous reports of USB ports that won't charge a BlackBerry. Apparently not all USB ports meet the USB power specification. If your new hard drive consumes so much more power than the previous one that the USB port no longer has sufficient power to charge your device, then I'd worry about the power supply. You may soon have a more serious problem.

You could try a different USB port, or you could try an externally powered USB expander. Your best, fastest, and most reliable solution is to use the wall charger.
    10-01-08 11:21 PM
    Thanks, Jeff. The only thing is that this hard drive was replaced by Apple under their AppleCare warranty, so I seriously doubt they'd replace a hard drive with one that left both USB ports without powerability. I've heard of no such issues from other MacBook owners, either.

Another thing I noticed is that when I have the phone hooked up when my MacBook powers up, the charging icon remains, but PocketMac still pretends it's not plugged in. Also, do the computer require PocketMac (or competitor) drivers in order to charge the BlackBerry? Could it be my PocketMac installation? I've tried installing it three times but nothing changes.

Hmmm...this is very discouraging. I need to sync all my contacts from the BlackBerry to iCal. What a hassle!
    10-02-08 05:16 PM
    If it's convenient to take your MacBook back to the service center, you should. It is very possible that the tech failed to connect the power supply cable for the USB ports. If it was working before the repair, they should fix it. If you've reinstalled your s/w, that should have taken care of the driver issue. Did the tech not reload everything after he replaced your drive?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 07:43 PM
    Wow...that's an interesting suggestion. I suppose I need to get in contact with them.

Thanks again for your advice!
    10-02-08 08:21 PM
    Uninstall DM and Reinstall
    10-02-08 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD