When i connect the USB cord to the computer then to the phone i get the USB icon next to my battery for about 5 secs and then it goes away, i can unplug the cord from the phone and plug it in again and same thing happens over and over again never letting me connect to desktop manager. I dont even get the USB notification sound from the computer.

Ive tried 2 diferent computers and 2 different USB cables, my BB curve works with both cables and computers.

EDIT:

Computer OS: Windows XP Pro SP3
    Pearl 8100
    BB OS. v4.2.1.93 (Platform 2.3.0.77)
    Last edited by mal911; 04-20-09 at 08:37 PM.
    04-20-09 07:40 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

Look at the mini port on your Pearl and count the pins. Bet you don't have 5 anymore. As long as you still have 4 your ok, just delete your port on your PC, reboot, and reconnect your Pearl. It will reconfigure and be fine. If you've got less than 4, your in need of a new port
    BlackBerry Pearl 8100 OEM USB port- Dopod/O2, 3G, Tools, LG, Mobiado, BlackBerry, SonyEricsson, BenQ-Siemens, Acer,
    Gonna be a bugger to replace though, unless you've got a lot of soldering experience. Might want to get some professional help, for the Pearl of course. Or yourself after attempting to replace it
    04-21-09 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD