I know there are about 100 posts on charging from a USB.. BUT I can't find anything to help me...

I can not download the desktop manager successfully, when it asks me for my Windows password I type it in and is gives me a message that says 'Invalid Password'

I downloaded the drivers from the Windows Update Site, but now I don't know what to do, my phone is still not charging... do I have to do something once I download the drivers??

Thanks!
    07-01-08 06:39 PM
    does it work with the wall charger. If so I would uninstall DM and reinstall it again.
    07-01-08 06:43 PM
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...CaQLqy2Df2-w**
    go here download the very bottom one
    not sure about your password?

sorry select desk top software v4.5
    then download the very bottom one
    i linked one page to soon
    please forgive me all mighty Sunkast
    Last edited by pltaylor; 07-01-08 at 06:50 PM. Reason: bad link
    07-01-08 06:44 PM
    If you have Windows XP, you need to download and install the "USB and Modem" drivers from your service provider or Blackberry, not Windows Update. If you have Vista, you don't need to download the drivers. Vista has them already. If your blackberry is password protected, that's the password Desktop Manager wants. It doesn't care about Windows passwords.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 06:45 PM
    Wow ok, there seems to be a lot of erroneous information given.

In order to charge your BB via USB, you need to download and install Desktop Manager to your PC. You can get Desktop Manager from the blackberry.com support site. Once installed, you should be able to connect your BB via USB and have it charge.
    07-01-08 06:46 PM
    Wow ok, there seems to be a lot of erroneous information given...
    If something I posted is incorrect, please point it out so I can avoid repeating it. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 06:52 PM
    same here educate don't criticize
    it was a mistake i edited it
    07-01-08 07:01 PM
    Sorry, I was referring to this quote by the OP:

I can not download the desktop manager successfully, when it asks me for my Windows password I type it in and is gives me a message that says 'Invalid Password'
    Very confusing statement considering that Desktop Manager wouldn't be asking for a windows password.
    07-01-08 07:32 PM
    Sorry, I was referring to this quote by the OP:

Very confusing statement considering that Desktop Manager wouldn't be asking for a windows password.
    Actually, if Jbritton4 is using his work computer and does not have full admin rights (or had admin rights at one point but then IT "fixed" the glitch), then when he plugs the phone in to the computer, the computer sees the mass storage and pops the admin username and password box before it will allow anything else to happen. This may vary based on the image his IT department loaded, but I'll bet that is what is happening.
    07-02-08 02:09 PM
    Actually, if Jbritton4 is using his work computer and does not have full admin rights (or had admin rights at one point but then IT "fixed" the glitch), then when he plugs the phone in to the computer, the computer sees the mass storage and pops the admin username and password box before it will allow anything else to happen. This may vary based on the image his IT department loaded, but I'll bet that is what is happening.
    I hope the OP replies to confirm if that's the case. I've never heard of that before.
    07-02-08 02:32 PM
    I hope the OP replies to confirm if that's the case. I've never heard of that before.
    Me too, but I just did it with another phone. When I first got my laptop for work I had full admin rights, so in installed everything for my BB. Then they "fixed" something and rights disappeared. I'm (bored and) wondering if OP installed the software but didn't do a full backup or something, and now when he plugs it in Windows sees something new and freaks out... dunno, just a guess.
    07-02-08 02:37 PM
    I know there are about 100 posts on charging from a USB.. BUT I can't find anything to help me...

I downloaded the drivers from the Windows Update Site, but now I don't know what to do, my phone is still not charging... do I have to do something once I download the drivers??

Thanks!
    Your Windows password has nothing to do with downloading. You must solve this first. Let's try removing the password on your account. If you are running Windows XP Home then re-boot your PC and hit F8 before Windows begins to boot. The PC will display a menu screen from which you should select Safe Mode. When the PC has booted, to the Login screen select Administrator and loin. Once you ar ein Windows Safe Mode got to Start, Control Panel, User Accounts, select your account and remove the password.

You need to download and install Desktop Manager v4.5 from https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22. Install this filename: Desktop Software v4.3 b25 without Media Manager (English).exe. The version without Media Manager causes fewer installation problems to begin with and the Roxio Media Manager is not the best product in the world.

DM 4.5 will install the drivers and you phne will now connect to the PC. Use a USB port that connects directly to the PC and not one that goes via a USB hub to test this.

Some USB ports just do not charge BlackBerrys - fact. If is charging via the original BlackBerry wall charger then you will get the fastest and longest lasting charge for your phone.

Please do the above and then get back here with results and we'll proceed from there.
    07-02-08 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD