I have decided to stick with the Pearl despite going through 3 in a year and a half mainly becuase of the insurance option AT&T is offering now at $5.month.
    Everything else I love about the phone, but I guess I am too rough on them sometimes.

My question is this:

The store carries the 8110. The guy in the store has never heard of the 8120 and insists AT&T doesn't carry it. AT&T website lists the 8120 and that it will cost me $200 instead of $100 for the 8110. Strange thing is that the website also lists the 8110 as being the 'new' phone. If this was the case wouldn't it have more to offer than the 8120?

All I really want to know is the difference in these two phones. Is WiFi the only thing extra that the 8120 has over the 8110? Is the WiFi enough of a reason for a light user to spend an extra $100?

I have tried to research this online and have little luck. I appreciate your expert opinions and help!
    05-12-08 11:55 AM
    Is this a corporate AT&T store, or just an authorized reseller? If it's an authorized reseller then they might not offer the same things as AT&T.
    05-12-08 12:08 PM
    It's a corporate store. That is why I was so surprised he had never heard of the 8120 with WiFi.

I guess when it comes down to it I dont think I would use the WiFi much because I have the unlimited BB plan.

BUT I would like someone to sell me on the GPS. I have never used it and wonder if I really would use it. I use google maps on my 8100...is GPS really much better than google maps and worth the $10 a month?
    05-12-08 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD