I am thinking of upgrading to a new blackberry. Currently using Verizon Pearl 8130. Nothing wrong with phone, it is just a bit beat up from use and abuse. What are your suggestions and why? Bold? Curve? What else?

I love my pearl and all the features it currently has. I dont want a touch screen.

I use it for email, texting, BBM, some internet surfing, calendar, and address book. I play a few games, take some pictures and videos, and that is about it.
    04-08-09 04:22 PM
    If you're keeping it simple, the Curve will work fine. If you plan to do more and have the extra bucks to lay out, Bold may be the way you want to go, especially in the photographic department, it's a bit more versatile in the multi-media arena.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 04:31 PM
    Yeah, I just need the basics in multi media. Just need to be able to take pics or videos and either MMS or email them.

I really like the suretype and not sure if I want to go back to a QWERTY. (I had a treo before bb) although I would appreciate having a bigger screen.
    04-08-09 06:01 PM
    What is the difference between the curve and the 8830?
    04-08-09 06:04 PM
    What is the difference between the curve and the 8830?
    8830= corporate phone. Bigger, no camera, inferior keyboard (to most).
    8330 (Curve)= consumer phone. smaller form factor, 2 mp camera with flash, better keyboard

Based on your needs, it sounds like the Curve is the way to go. Only thing is, it doesn't have SureType. Happy Hunting!
    04-08-09 11:09 PM
    Nice...thanks for the advice....I'm gonna go down to Verizon and look at the curve. Or maybe I just get another pearl that hasnt been dropped a million times
    04-09-09 02:12 PM
    Are you strickly staying with Verizon? If not, look at the Curve 8900 from tmobile. I think you'll like it. I have the Pearl 8120 from tmobile and love it. SureType is great. Although SureType is fine on the Pearl, my next phone for sure will be full Qwerty with a bigger screen. Probably the 8900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD