I received an email from BlackBerry to upgrade my 8100 pearl...and i did.

It updated fine. Then it kept waiting to 'restore' the back-up but it didnt work as the hour-glass kept there for 20mins.

v4.5.0.44 (Platform 2.7.0.61)

After that it said "back up through the desktop service". I used the phone for a bit to see the updates.

The phone became REALLY slow compared to the old OS. If I received an email or something, the LED would go red...like a torch...blinking was gone.

It would only go if I restarted the phone.

Then I restored it through the desktop software and since then the phone keeps restarting.

It keeps RESTARTING now after literally 1-2 minutes.

Whether I pull the battery out, or whatever I do...it just keeps restarting. It is super slow now...and if it keeps working for a while...sometimes the red LED light is back.

VERY very rarely it works for 10-15 mins...but then restarts. It even restarts between calls if I dial as soon as it starts.

Also, if someone sends me a voice-note via bb-messenger, the new OS opens the media player and it just does not play the file...keeps saying "Buffering..."

PLEASE help as the phone just keep restarting

What do I do?

P.s. it doesn't restart after 1 min if i keep some application open...it takes a bit longer
    11-30-08 04:45 AM
    Go back to your old OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD