So I figure if T-Mobile's going to put an update for the Pearl Flip on their website it's going to be ready for mass release. Well apparently, that's not the case.

I followed all the instructions and when the update on my phone loaded everything worked fine and I could still use the phone but instead of the T-Mobile banner I'm getting weird error codes, such as "$c" or "$ue". So it looks like my service provider is $c, lol. What the ****...seriously this phone is one month old and I treat it like gold.

I tried everything, basically let T-Mobile customer service waste my whole day. They keep saying "Hmm that didn't work we will call you back in an hour when we've researched the problem more." They even make me hard reset the phone that doesn't work.

I guess I'm going to just get a newer update from BlackBerry.com and see if that fixes the problem, if not, I can downgrade to the older version. If that still doesn't work, I will have to send my phone in, and by that point, T-Mobile and the BlackBerry Pearl Flip will have proved to be unreliable enough for me to go with "The Network" and get a "standard BlackBerry" that might b u t t dial people but at least works better.
    03-29-09 06:18 PM
    If someone could help me out a little bit I'd appreciate it. I'm new to this whole updating thing.

Because T-Mobile's website only allows you to download one version specifically (.180) you have to get the other ones from posts on these forums, but what is up with the deleting vendor.xml? I'm just confused and I want to make sure I'm not going to F up my new phone.

I'm pretty savvy with this stuff I'm just a bit confused.
    03-29-09 06:57 PM
    basically the vendor.xlm file will not allow you to install an os that isnt from your particular vendor.

If you want all to work fine, just install either .180 or .222

Just make sure you do a search for vendor.xml before you install and delete the file.
    03-29-09 07:01 PM
    basically the vendor.xlm file will not allow you to install an os that isnt from your particular vendor.

If you want all to work fine, just install either .180 or .222

Just make sure you do a search for vendor.xml before you install and delete the file.
    Yup!!!! Just do as Jsolts says...
    03-29-09 07:04 PM
    If someone could help me out a little bit I'd appreciate it. I'm new to this whole updating thing.

Because T-Mobile's website only allows you to download one version specifically (.180) you have to get the other ones from posts on these forums, but what is up with the deleting vendor.xml? I'm just confused and I want to make sure I'm not going to F up my new phone.

I'm pretty savvy with this stuff I'm just a bit confused.
    The 180 update from T-Mobile works just great. When you ran app loader you did not include files that the OS needs for the external display. The stock themes is one of those files. The samething will happen with other OS versions if those files are missing.
    03-29-09 09:42 PM
    When I got my 8220 a couple of weeks ago it was running .151. When I updated to .180 I ran into some problems getting the external screen to work properly. I had loaded the BB OS many times on my 8320 and due to the limited memory had gotten used to deleting several files from the OS load.

I found you have to be much more careful deleting files on the 8220. Also, due to the extra memory, deleting a lot of files is really not that necessary. I ended up installing .222 and I only deleted the Help file and the Video. I've been running this now for about two weeks and it's been working fine. Even after installing several third party apps, I have about 68MB available on a clean boot. The extra memory is nice after working around the issue on the 8320.
    03-30-09 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD