And I was so happy about the post by BigBadWolf about the newest OS...

Now I have a problem here. Hope this makes sense to anyone.

While installing newest .163 (upgrade from .162 but downgrading platform) something must have gone wrong as I found out that for some reason I downgraded to v4.5.0.69 on platform 2.7.0.72. Yep that's what it says!

On my pc I only have installed the newest OS. I always delete the older one first. I am really sure I deleted all older OS's. Where does this old .69 I had last year come from?

A little confused I re-downloaded the 'older' .162 from last July with the idea to upload it on my device and see what happens.

DM now recognizes there is newer OS but won't let me install it. Using AppLoader (not the one in DM) however it doesn't 'see' the newer OS.

Ah, and I also lost BBM5 in all this but when I check in AppLoader in DM it is there!

I've upgraded several times in the past year now, always without any problems, but this now is really strange to me.
    Any ideas on what causes this?

Thx, brgds
    09-16-09 03:41 PM
    Sent you another PM, hopefully it will help your perplexing problem. If anyone has a clue how Sammy got the wrong OS downloaded, please chime in.
    09-17-09 05:06 AM
    Thx BBW
    Just came hope after an exhausting day when I met @garyvee, the worldfamous newjersey wineblogger, in person. The guy is awesome. And so glad my Pearl never let's me down in important occasions like that. And managed to actually tweet some live pictures even with a 'corrupt' OS.

Still no idea what happened and why my DM doesn't recognize .162 or .163 Double checked ther eis no other OS forgotten somewhere on my PC. And where is my BBM5 when AppLoader says it's there but on my device it's not even in Applications?

Guess this is a tough one also for the die hard 8100 fans as BBW.
    09-17-09 05:04 PM
    The OS is a complete mystery to me, but hopefully my PM helps get you back together again. BBM5 has never installed on an upgrade for me, but I've never had a problem loosing a contact reinstalling it through my OTA link.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 05:22 PM
    if you need to downgrade follow my link in my signature
    09-21-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD