Intro:
    Hey everyone. Thanks for the great forum; I've learned a lot already from reading through quite a few posts.

I just received my Blackberry 8100 today (first BB for me) and had a question. It is an unlocked 8100 that was originally with T-Mobile. My SIM Card was recognized fine and messaging, voice, and internet are working flawlessly!

The Issue:
    The menu for the 8100 still has what I believe to be T-Mobile specific icons/applications/settings. My 8100 is running 4.2.107 (Platform 2.3.0.83). Is there a way to upgrade my software to AT&T's newest version of the 8100 software...which will effectively be a downgrade. If this is possible, will it change the menu icons to reflect a AT&T phone? On my previous phones, the carrier's boot-screen has always been a protected file (flashed)...so I understand that probably will not change without a dangerous operation.

If this is covered somewhere else in this forum, but if it is....a link will be more than sufficient.

TIA
    01-16-08 03:16 PM
    Yes, you can use whatever carrier OS for the 8100 you choose... just follow these instructions.
    How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

This is the latest OS: Latest 8100 OS: Rogers 4.2.1.189 / 4.2.1.109 (Multilanguage)
    01-16-08 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD