I am using an unlocked 8220 and was curious to know what all features can I use...
    I dont have BIS/BES...
    But i have got to know that all IM's and blackberry messenger can be used by adding service books....

I wanted to clarify, and wanted to get maximum out of my device....
    Please enlighten me
    01-05-09 06:23 AM
    Do you have a data plan, no data plan?

But basically, you can setup email and instant messaging on this phone and do all your work through it. Typing takes a while to get used to - but it's doable. The calendar function is really easy to use, quite scalable.

If anything, I would start with the calendar - it's such a powerful organizer. BIS/BES is not really much of a concern; u can do anything u want without it. Kind of hard to describe functionality unless you have a specific purpose you are looking to achieve.
    01-05-09 01:07 PM
    Okay....
    So i'l tell you what features am I currently using and some of those that I want....
    To start with I dont have a data plan or BIS/BES.... I use wifi for all my data needs.
    I use logicmail for my e-mails....
    EQO - for IM purposes
    Opera Mini - for browsing
    Mobipocket reader - for ebooks....
    I have many other applications installed but these are the ones i mainly use....

Now... what I was asking was....
    that i want to us BB messenger through wifi... and i read at some places that it is possible if i add service books for it....
    And also i want to use gtalk, windows live, yahoo messenger.....
    and if possible blackberry maps and pin messaging...
    01-06-09 12:29 AM
    ooh... gotcha. Basically you have the same setup as me. As for the BB messenger, that requires a data plan and/or BIS services so that's kind of out. You might want to try JiveTalk - that supports pretty much all the major IM clients. The only drawback is that it currently does not have official support for 8820..... but should technically work.

As for service books, I think you can only get those through enterprise, but I'm not sure. This is pretty much the limitation of my knowledge there...
    01-06-09 01:14 AM
    Thnx a lot for responding and trying to help
    I really appreciate it....
    Jivetalk isnt free, if I am right??
    Also, I wanted to know from some crackberry guru's, if i can get some other apps to work to get maximum functionality out of my phone....
    01-06-09 09:06 AM
    Hey there, I saw you are having a nice conversation about the flip! I just got an unlocked one, and I have a prepaid plan with att (pick up your plan). I couldn't send or receive MMS or have the e-mail working: do you have any suggestion? The MMS option doesn't even show up in the menu...
    Thanks
    01-06-09 02:25 PM
    Hi just wanted to let you know that you can actually use all the messengers on your flip..the first thing I did was call att, after finding out that they couldn't help me I went ahead and did a search on the web. I was able to find what I needed in order to be able to use the messengers such as aim,yahoo,windows live etc...However the pre installed kept giving me a message that the handheld was not supported. Ok so to help those of you who have been having the same trouble here is what you have to do...go to the following link http:// mobile.aol.com/aolproducts/aim-for-blackberry there is going to be an icon that says "send to cell" this will send the link you need to your phone inorder to access the messengers. You can pick and chose the ones you need. I went ahead and deleted aim before installing the new aim. The way you can do this is by going to menu key,settings,options,advanced options, and then applications select what you want to delet and then hit the menu key and select delet....then install the new aim.After I did all of this I have had no issues with IM. Hope this help you guys out...
    02-05-09 03:10 PM
    hey there im trying to do the same thing and when ever i try to access the the website that i get in the text that aim sends me i get an error saying mode not available? any suggestions?
    03-09-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD