Hey all, first time poster and general BB noob.

My question is, if I purchase my daughter an unlocked pearl on ebay, how do I set it up to work with her T-Mobile account for data, email, SMS, MMS, ETC? I looked around for a guide and could not find one here. I do not want to get her one and then not be able to use it. Any help would be appreciated.

Peace
    06-23-09 04:47 PM
    Basically throw your SIM card in the phone, call 611 and have them update the IMEI number. You can find that by dialing *#06#.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 09:32 PM
    Basically throw your SIM card in the phone, call 611 and have them update the IMEI number. You can find that by dialing *#06#.

Thanks!

Will updating the IMEI number with T-Mobile add the Five Favs to her phone and allow for data and email (which are part of her plan)?
    06-25-09 12:56 PM
    You'll have to add on the BlackBerry data plan. If myfaves isn't part of the data plan, that'll be a separate charge on top of the $30 for BIS. BIS includes unlimited internet and email.

06-25-09 01:06 PM
    You'll have to add on the BlackBerry data plan. If myfaves isn't part of the data plan, that'll be a separate charge on top of the $30 for BIS. BIS includes unlimited internet and email.

We already have added the BB data plan on her plan and a myfaves plan. I just wondered if after we update the IMEI number with T-Mobile, those services will all work with the unlocked phone I am getting her. Or would I have to go into the phones settings and make changes to be able to get those services to work.
    06-25-09 01:56 PM
    We already have added the BB data plan on her plan and a myfaves plan. I just wondered if after we update the IMEI number with T-Mobile, those services will all work with the unlocked phone I am getting her. Or would I have to go into the phones settings and make changes to be able to get those services to work.
    my fave five may not work.... but i don't know - is the phone tmobile branded or att branded?
    06-25-09 03:55 PM
    my fave five may not work.... but i don't know - is the phone tmobile branded or att branded?
    Well, we got the phone. It was branded T-Mobile. But of course, their support staff can't get it to work. All she can do on it right now is text and voice. They can't get her on data or email at all. So now I am on my own. Any suggestions?

06-29-09 04:32 PM
    Well, we got the phone. It was branded T-Mobile. But of course, their support staff can't get it to work. All she can do on it right now is text and voice. They can't get her on data or email at all. So now I am on my own. Any suggestions?

??? they cannot get data or email to work? did they say why?
    06-29-09 04:57 PM
    ??? they cannot get data or email to work? did they say why?
    The lady working with my daughter said she was going to look something up and call her back and never did. I guess she was stumped. I am going to try some things I learned here myself and if that doesn't work, I dunno. I have no idea why they could not get it to work. But that is modern day call center support for ya.
    06-30-09 08:06 AM
    Was the pin released from the previous account? that may be why they can't get the data working properly
    06-30-09 08:10 AM
    Was the pin released from the previous account? that may be why they can't get the data working properly
    It was my understanding that this was a "new" unused phone. When I opened the box, the phone still had the plastic stuff you peel off and everything.
    06-30-09 08:46 AM
    well it couldn't hurt to have them double check to make sure. You know what they say about assuming
    06-30-09 08:47 AM
    Got the internet/date working. She can Facebook and all that. Still unable to set it up to check her personal email accounts. It has EMAIL SETUP in the DEVICE SETUP icon. But the only option given is to set up for an enterprise server type email addy, not a personal one. Anyone know how to get that ability back?

And the MyFaves or FiveFaves icon is not there and I cannot seem to get it back no matter what I do.

Oh, one more thing concerning the email. I have logged in online to T-Mobile and updated the device with the IMEI and PIN numbers. Then I tried to send the service books. When I do that, it gives me a message that the services books have been sent, but I have the phone sittin right there and I am watching it and, no change. Anybody have any helpful information on the service books and what I am supposed to see happen on the phone if anything?

Thanks everybody for trying to help me figure this out.

Peace.
    07-05-09 10:07 AM
    To reset the IT policy, use this link to CrackUtil.

If your OS is non-TMo, you won't have the favs listed on the device, but can still access and adjust them through your PC.

Your service book issue could be related to your IT policy. Try it again after resetting yourself to BIS.
    07-05-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD