Ok, I posted a forum already about my unlocked blackberry 8100 saying no service.
    I happened to take my phone to a cell phone store, the guy told me that he would have to restore my whole phone for it to work, he restored it but nothing happened. He told me that my phone could not be fixed.

BUT, someone replied to my earlier post and said something about calling my service provider and have them register my IMEI number to my account or something like that.
    Does the IMEI number regard to the blackberry or the sim.
    And what exactly do I have to ask my service provider to do because i'm not familiar with this at all.

I DO NOT INTEND ON THROWING AWAY A PHONE THAT I ONLY HAD FOR 3 WEEKS/ PLEASE HELP ME.

NB: My sim works in other phones.
    07-03-09 08:31 AM
    The IMEI  is related to the blackberry...the Sim has another number. I think I'd take my phone to the company and not simply call them. Tell them you're having problems and need to have your phone configured...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 12:44 PM
    The IMEI  is related to the blackberry...the Sim has another number. I think I'd take my phone to the company and not simply call them. Tell them you're having problems and need to have your phone configured...

But my problem is when I first took it there the lady just looked at the phone and said she couldnt do anything about it.
    So should I go there and ask them to check my IMEI number on my phone and put it in there network or something like that.
    07-03-09 12:53 PM
    Ok but you said you went to a cell phone store...you need to go to the service of your provider...

07-07-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD