ok im new i dont know if this has been posted before since im new
    but i got my unlocked blackberry and i guess it was locked to att before but i have T-Mobile. On the T-Mobile site it says i could upgrade my blackberry so downloaded the desktop manager and the handheld device thing
    now when i go to the desktop manager i cant do anything cause theres no applications or update to update the phone with. I dont know what to do i mean the phone works you know everythings good just no MMS and i wanted to see if updating it with T Mobile software would enable it since im a T Mobile customer.
    12-26-08 09:56 AM
    you need to delete the vendor xml file to get it to recognize the software update. look at the proper upgrade/downgrade link in my signature
    12-26-08 10:04 AM
    If everything but MMs is working, first try to send yourself one. If you don't get it, call T-mo. They often have to reset MMS on their end.
    12-26-08 10:05 AM
    Well im now looking at the link from blueberry
    and there is no MMS option whatsoever i tried looking for it last night for about 30 min and found nothing
    12-26-08 10:10 AM
    sorry for double posting but i think that the problem is is that i cant seem to figure out where to find or download the actual T Mobile OS cause if i already DL i cant find it, if i havent i dont know where on the T Mobile update site i mean it should have it there but i cant seem to find it
    12-26-08 10:24 AM
    The os has nothing to do with MMS.
    12-26-08 10:30 AM
    12-26-08 10:32 AM
    Also do this, Go to options>advanced>host routing table>menu>register now. If that doesn't fix your MMS call T-Mo. I assume you have a Blackberry Data Plan, correct?
    12-26-08 10:34 AM
    i dont have a data plan right now even if its not the OS theres new tmobile os which i cant seem to find should i leave it as is, download the one you posted or try and find tmobile os? my current version is...
    v.4.2.0.71
    12-26-08 10:39 AM
    first off you need to download the OS for the device and install it on your pc.
    then go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vender.xml file.
    then start DM and connect your phone.
    it should then say that you have updates available.
    12-26-08 10:44 AM
    you need to have the blackberry data plan for mms to work it is part of the service books that tmo will send to your phone once the data is activated
    12-26-08 10:45 AM
    yeah thats what i was thinking i had to do but wasnt sure well would it be better if update to the new OS you guys gave me or keep my current one?
    12-26-08 10:46 AM
    it wouldn't hurt to update the os but you can wait if youre not comfortable doing it
    12-26-08 10:47 AM
    T-Mo's current OS for 8100 is 4.2.0.107 so not much reason to update from what you have. If you are going through the trouble to update go to 4.5, follow the instructions in the link I provided in post 7.
    12-26-08 10:49 AM
    alright well then thats pretty much it.
    Thanks for the help!
    12-26-08 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD