ok so i bought a 8220 unlocked it and put it on AT&T i installed O.S. 305 on it. and got it all hooked up only when trying to set up the email it only gives me the option to get my email from enterprise it gives no option for personal email

what i have done to fix this
    ive read all over crackberry and other sites and no fix:
    ives called ATT and made sure that everything is inline with my blackberry

made sure the imei # was the same as what they had

i have an unlimited data plan

i have registered my blackberry 3 times under host routing table and done a full battery pull each time.

called AT&T and they have no idea why the email set up is not there

do i need to reinstall an older O.S.? or dose any one have any ideas as to what this could be?

anyways any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks again
    10-20-09 01:45 PM
    ok so after doing some more searching i found this thread posted by Dream Rider on pinstack.com
    and it worked vary well

just posting for future reasons

After struggling to get my unlocked Blackberry 8220 working on AT&T I thought this might be helpful.

How to make email and MMS work on the 8220 with AT&T.

Your Blackberry 8220 needs to be unlocked, have an AT&T SIM, AND you MUST have a Blackberry data plan.

Change the TCP setting to AT&T�s settings; Options>Advanced Options>TCP

APN: wap.cingular
    user name for APN: WAP.CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    (use caps as shown)

Update your BIS account at, BlackBerry Internet Service with the 8220 Flipberry PIN and IMEI.

Setup Wizard only allow the option to setup BES email, which I don't have, The Email Setup icon is also missing, Not found in any of the folders.

SO you need to setup emails from your BIS account. After this is done move on to the next step.

Finally
    From your BIS account web page click "Send Service Books" and the ability to send/receive emails and the service books for MMS will be installed on your Flipberry.

I still can't setup emails for BIS on the Flipberry, but this is a viable workaround. MMS works great for me after doing all of the above.
    10-20-09 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD