I've tried every application and cannot figure out what this notification icon is for. I've tried switching my theme through all the themes that come with the pearl to see if the icon changed but it does not.

It is a picture of a little world, i thought maybe it had to do with the maps apps or browser, but cant figure out what the notification is for. Its just 1 and its driving me crazy!!
    06-26-08 09:13 PM
    06-26-08 09:25 PM
    Sounds like a browser alert to me,maybe ur weather is a browser alert or something instead of being pushed to the homescreen. I had this at one time and almost pulled out my hair...I think open the browser, should be in there I think?
    06-26-08 09:30 PM
    thanks for the try sunkast, but i had actually seen that page before and it isnt on there. it really looks like the world on the "reply to thread" box for the insert link button. if that makes sense. any other guesses?
    06-26-08 09:31 PM
    Sounds like a browser alert to me,maybe ur weather is a browser alert or something instead of being pushed to the homescreen. I had this at one time and almost pulled out my hair...I think open the browser, should be in there I think?

i think you have the right idea. i just looked at the icon before the things in my history or my bookmarks and the things that are unlike google and dont have their own icon have this same world. but i'm still at a loss as to how to make it go away
    06-26-08 09:34 PM
    John - I have one of those too (I'm running 4.5.0.42). I got it when I was using the BB web browser and "saved" the web page I was on (hit the menu button while on the page and select "save").

Now, I can scroll down and see the "saved page" in my message list - except the icon next to it is a globe - like the one that appears at the top of the home page, but larger. As with messages, if I mark the page "unopened", the globe appears again with a "1" next to it on the home screen. I'm sure if I save another page, and they were both unopened, I'd see a "2" next to the globe icon on the home screen.

When I open, or delete, the saved page from my message list, the globe icon on the home screen disappears.

I'm guessing this feature is new with 4.5.x.x, since I never ran into it, or heard about it, before.

- Jon
    06-26-08 09:43 PM
    jon-

this makes perfect sense, i believe i accidently saved a page request of some sort when i was fumbling through my phone around 5 this morning. now my only problem is, where to find that saved 'message'. i've deleted all sms and emails. and i have nothing in my saved messages folder. any ideas?
    06-26-08 09:55 PM
    I believe when you are tryng to load a page and for some reason it won't load, and you save for later, the request is saved and you can find it on your messages, or maybe how I have my messages set up I would see it, then I went down click on the website saw it and.... Icon gone! I believe that's what icon you see. Hope this helps!
    Try a battery pull if not!
    Good luck .... If you deleted all your saved messages you may be able to see it on your history ?? I'm not sure!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 10:34 PM
    I'm on 4.3.0.71 and I had this happen to me, earlier today, when I had a short cut out of my internet. I saved the page, the icon of the globe appeared, went to messages (my sms and messages are split), and hit the BB button then clicked mark as opened. The icon goes away.

This is my first BB/BB OS, so I'm not sure if it's a new feature or not, but it's definitely that.
    06-27-08 04:43 PM
    If you happened to have joined any BBM Groups that can also be it. I had a an almost unreadable (tiny) icon on my home screen that wouldn't go away even after I cleared all inboxes (and even voicemail). Finally, I left the BBM group (it was only one anyway so not much to do there) and VOILA the strange little icon was gone! (Whew)
    06-13-10 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD