Please Help,
    I have had my Pearl for a couple of years now. I have never had any problems with it until now. I recently let my fiance use it and now, after one week, there is no lights, including key pad light, trackball light, or screen backlight. You can barely tell that there is any thing on the screen. It makes the click noises when I scroll the trackball, but doesn't respond to clicks nor does it scroll the selection. I got a new battery,I did a wipe with JL Cmdr(and successfully reinstalled the OS) and still nothing. It is now stuck on the option to run the "Set-up Wizard".
    She claims to not have got it wet or did anything abusive to my Pearl. She is trustworthy and I believe her. She is just "Bad Luck" with anything electronic.

Took Pearl apart, reassembled, still no luck. When I connect pearl to computer without battery, THERE IS LIGHT on the screen but with the "no battery" icon. Leads me to believe that the lights still work, just not properly. What now?

Again, Please help, and Thanx, in advance.
    04-08-09 01:46 PM
    Being that you've had the device a "couple of years now", it sounds like it might just be wore out. I'm sure this is a hardware problem and you should take it to the T-mob store.
    Also, did you ask this question in the 8100 forum? The folks over there might have some insight.
    04-08-09 11:16 PM
    Ya could be just wore out go into settings first in screen and keyboard to make sure you didn't turn those lights off ... If you didn't run it into a store or its time to get new pearl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 11:58 PM
    How do the charging contacts look? And are you still using your original battery, or have you replaced it? If you're getting a lighted screen on charge, I would look for one of these two items.
    04-10-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD