i changed to t-mobile service last Friday. i could not set up my internet push email. tried numerous times. called t-mobile support. after trying figure out what the problem was, they told me they were help desk request and i would hear from them.

yesterday i did a chat with t-mobile support. after they tried to help, that guy told me there was an outage the required rim to fix that was just reported yesterday. he said it should take about 24 hours to fix. does this sound believable?
    09-03-09 04:01 PM
    Since it goes through the RIM servers, yes.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 06:30 PM
    ok, so is the idea that newer bb models get the most attention? i still cannot set up internet email.
    09-04-09 09:33 AM
    I don't know what you mean by that, but I answered your question. If you can't get it working through the T-MO BIS site, and they told you in tech support it's a server issue, there's nothing other than calling T-MO back for me to suggest.

09-04-09 10:06 AM
    I'll give you every suggestion I've got, but I can't believe T-MO didn't cover them already. Sign up on the T-MO BIS website, and setup your email accounts through there. Be sure to have your service book sent after you do. Go to options on your device, advanced options, host routing table, press the menu key and select "register now", wait a minute after you receive your email, pull the battery, wait a minute and put it back in.

09-04-09 10:27 AM
    what i mean is that do the newer bb model phones get the best problem resolution attention from rim?
    09-04-09 11:43 AM
    Ahhhh! I would expect if it's a server issue regarding email, it would be effecting all devices.

09-04-09 11:49 AM
    I had the same problem W/my e-mail at T Mobile and my pearl. Problem is this: the phones need some update from T-Mobile...has nothing to do with OS, has to do with the T-Mobile network. It should give you your MyFaves icon, let you set up internet e-mail, and also actually let you send an MMS. For some reason, although this is should be common knowledge amongst the BB team @ T-Mobile, it's not. They aren't the greatest and make small problems seem like big ones. I am more confident coming here to solve most problems than calling them- unless I have to.

Also- make sure you have a BB plan (just in case you don't) =)

Wulf's idea is how you might have to do it the first time anyway- through T-Mobile's website. Although you'll occasionally run into errors there, too.
    09-04-09 12:21 PM
    [QUOTE=BigBadWulf;3514513]I'll give you every suggestion I've got, but I can't believe T-MO didn't cover them already.

BELIEVE that T-Mo didn't cover them already.
    09-04-09 12:22 PM
    i changed to t-mobile service last Friday. i could not set up my internet push email. tried numerous times. called t-mobile support. after trying figure out what the problem was, they told me they were help desk request and i would hear from them.

yesterday i did a chat with t-mobile support. after they tried to help, that guy told me there was an outage the required rim to fix that was just reported yesterday. he said it should take about 24 hours to fix. does this sound believable?
    What exactly happened when you tried to set it up on the Tmo site?
    09-04-09 10:38 PM
    nothing. after i recorded the pin and eimi number, there was an error message that the service could couldn't be provided try again. when i did that i went to my browser.
    09-05-09 09:43 AM
    Final suggestion, that should work, since embarrassment in front of potential customers always gets things accomplished. Go to your local T-M store, and make them get your email working. Try to be nice, but if you have to get a little loud...
    09-05-09 10:40 AM
    nothing. after i recorded the pin and eimi number, there was an error message that the service could couldn't be provided try again. when i did that i went to my browser.
    Does your Tmo email account show when you are logged in to your my.t-mobile account?
    09-05-09 12:35 PM
    last eve i spoke with the tmo tech support. the woman told me that because in had my number ported, the bb service just went into svc yesterday when the number was actually ported to tmo from att. nobody told me this when i activated the tmo svc. these freaking people aggravate the **** out of me. they told me i should be able to set up on the bis within about 24 hours. we'll see.
    09-05-09 02:47 PM
    in case anyone is still interested in my prob, talked again yesterday with the tmo tech support. they were not able to get the internet push email fixed. thjey told me it would be escalated to the help desk, whatever that means and i should call back in 72 hours.
    09-10-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD