Hey guys,
    I recently upgraded my firmware to 4.5.0.162 to get BBM 5 beta only after the upgrade i heard the official one was out (sad) the new firmware was unstable restarting at intervals on its own etc so i decided to downgrade after the downgrade process, when i try to restore my back-up the phone just makes a noise ("bung") and then Desktop Manager 5.0 freezes, the phone still works but i cant seem to restore any of my back up files i tried it on two different computers and uninstalling and reinstalling desktop manager but still nothing any suggestions please....Greatly Appreciated, thanks
    10-14-09 08:34 AM
    try doing an advanced restore.
    Perform an Advanced Backup and Restore using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.6 and 4.7

Goal:
    Perform an Advanced Backup and Restore using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.6 and 4.7
    Change:
    The following information applies to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.6 and 4.7. To determine the BlackBerry Desktop Manager version, click here.
    Fix:
    The Advanced Backup and Restore option may be chosen to as an alternative to a "Full Backup and Restore" for users to select individual/multiple database entries.

Advanced backup of application data from the RIM BlackBerry to the computer
    Access BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Click Backup and Restore.

The "Backup and Restore" screen appears. Click Advanced.

Select the desired "Device Database" entry and click the Left Arrow button.
    NOTE: To selected multiple database entries for backup, press and hold the Ctrl key, then select the desired entries.

After the desired device database(s) have been selected, click File>Save or Save As.

The "Select file for Full Backup" screen appears. Click Save.
    NOTE: The default file name is "Backup-(<current date>)-.ipd".

Once the backup is complete, click "X" to exit.

Advanced restore of application data from the RIM BlackBerry to the computer
    Access BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Click Backup and Restore.

The "Backup and Restore" screen appears. Click Advanced.

Click File>Open to open the database backup information.

The "Select file for Full Restore" screen appears. Select the desired .ipd file and click Open.

Select the desired "Desktop File Database" entry and click the Left Arrow button.
    NOTE: To selected multiple database entries for backup, press and hold the Ctrl key, then select the desired entries.

A warning message will appear explaining the changes to be made for the Restore. Click Yes.

Once the restoration is complete, click "X".

If further assistance is needed, perform the following
    Check for BlackBerry Desktop Manager issues and errors.
    If further assistance is needed, please contact Customer Care.

If you are viewing information on devices or services, please note: content reflects instructions for devices and services purchased from AT&T.
    Some differences may exist for devices not purchased from AT&T.
    10-14-09 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD