why don't my blackberry pearl run all files? when i go to media->music(video,ringtone)->file(all) then messege (unable to display file.....<path>) on display on my smartphone.
    06-14-07 09:21 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

What file type are you trying to use on the device? Also check here.
    06-14-07 09:32 AM
    Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums DJspeed! Check FAQ, and Search.
    06-14-07 09:35 AM
    Thanks you! But i can't play media. all file sample(midi,video,mp3) of blackberry neither don't run. show message:
    EX: unable to show display file /Device Memory/samples/video/Blackberry.avi
    06-14-07 09:46 PM
    Do you happen to have 'content protection' on? Options / security options & general settings...
    06-14-07 10:03 PM
    please!HELP ME. I either run media. -_- who do I to show?
    06-15-07 08:57 PM
    ......huh?
    06-15-07 09:05 PM
    To direct about fix.
    06-15-07 09:40 PM
    sorry because i know somemany enghlish
    06-15-07 09:41 PM
    Hi, I am having the same problem as DJspeed, but have seen no resolutions yet. Here is our problem in more detail:

I got my new 8100 Pearl yesterday. When I first went into my media files to look at what default pictures and sounds it came with, I was able to open all files successfully. Then I installed the programs on my computer and connected my smartphone. I tried to drag a picture from my computer into my pictures folder on my phone. (I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.) As soon as I disconnected my BlackBerry from the computer, I could no longer open media files. When I try to open any kind including samples and my own pictures/sounds/videos/etc it says: UNABLE TO DISPLAY FILE /Device Memory/ (then whatever file name I'm trying to open). I have tried messing with it for hours and I can't get it to work again. There is a trick though, because if I am trying to use a sample picture for my background pic, I can still click into the picture, get the error message, select menu and then set it to my background. Weird, isn't it? If you can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much~
    06-24-07 11:16 PM
    Hey Lia-

Easiest solution is do download the newest desktop manager Service Pack 2
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    You may also want to grab the latest OS to.

Install it and then connect your BB back up.

i would give you links but i don't have enough posts. ok finally got enough...
    Last edited by reddog187; 06-25-07 at 02:43 AM.
    06-25-07 02:33 AM
    im having the same problemmmM!! help!! =(
    06-26-07 08:58 PM
    Hi! I had same problem until I check advance options/media card and I press format card also disable mass storage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-07 10:27 PM
    This is exactly what's happening to me Any success stories?

Hi, I am having the same problem as DJspeed, but have seen no resolutions yet. Here is our problem in more detail:

I got my new 8100 Pearl yesterday. When I first went into my media files to look at what default pictures and sounds it came with, I was able to open all files successfully. Then I installed the programs on my computer and connected my smartphone. I tried to drag a picture from my computer into my pictures folder on my phone. (I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.) As soon as I disconnected my BlackBerry from the computer, I could no longer open media files. When I try to open any kind including samples and my own pictures/sounds/videos/etc it says: UNABLE TO DISPLAY FILE /Device Memory/ (then whatever file name I'm trying to open). I have tried messing with it for hours and I can't get it to work again. There is a trick though, because if I am trying to use a sample picture for my background pic, I can still click into the picture, get the error message, select menu and then set it to my background. Weird, isn't it? If you can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much~
    07-05-07 11:13 PM
    I had this problem as well, I ended up reloading the OS.
    07-11-07 09:42 AM
    Reloading the OS will fix this issue, ESPECIALLY if u have a red pearl from ATT the OS that went out with those is buggy..ie the fore mentioned issue as well as browser icons going missing after sync..OS reload will solve these problems.
    07-14-07 02:54 AM
    I had the problem where my blackberry would not play media files or open pictures. After lots of headaches, I found that the best way to update the operating system was to use this URL: blackberry.com/update/
    (apparently you have to use MS I.E. to make that link work right).

I had tried downloading the OS from both AT&T & Tmobile, but neither would actually update my phone (possibly b/c it was originally an AT&T phone, but my network is Tmobile). After lots of searching, I finally called Tmobile who put me in touch with a phone CS rep from Blackberry. They were very helpful and pointed me to the above website. I'm still not quite sure why I couldn't have found that website on my own many hours ago. Oh well!
    03-28-09 03:33 PM
    I had the problem where my blackberry would not play media files or open pictures. After lots of headaches, I found that the best way to update the operating system was to use this URL: blackberry.com/update/
    (apparently you have to use MS I.E. to make that link work right).

I had tried downloading the OS from both AT&T & Tmobile, but neither would actually update my phone (possibly b/c it was originally an AT&T phone, but my network is Tmobile). After lots of searching, I finally called Tmobile who put me in touch with a phone CS rep from Blackberry. They were very helpful and pointed me to the above website. I'm still not quite sure why I couldn't have found that website on my own many hours ago. Oh well!
    You can use any OS, you just have to delete the vendor.xml file from it before you run DM.
    03-28-09 10:28 PM
    Im using a bb torch 9800 and i renamed a picture and then it said unable to display file
    08-27-14 09:40 AM
    Im using a bb torch 9800 and i renamed a picture and then it said unable to display file
    You probably changed the file extention. It should be jpg.
    08-27-14 10:01 AM
    Hi,

I'm using a blackberry bold 9790, i was unable to open media files, an error prompt indicating, "Error starting net_rim_bb_file_explorer:Module 'net_rim_bb_file_explorer_library' not found. My camera also was not working anymore..what should i do,,please help..

Thank you
    02-08-16 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD