I used to be able to add email accounts into my 8220 and send and recieve.

Now that option is gone; cant find anything anywhere

Some background; this is a tmobile pearl flip on AT&T

I have had some troubles but this website has helped much and now am registered on BIS and had Books Sent so I know I have the latest.

But there used to be the ability to create or add a new email account on the phone and now I am not seeing it.

Help?!

Thanks
    08-26-09 05:35 PM
    Just search AT&T BIS on google, and that website should get you the same email account setup

Though your phone should have that same function under setup> email setup

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 09:51 PM
    i see no email setup on my phone

also under dns there is nothing
    08-27-09 11:00 AM
    My first solution involves a computer, not the BB, as the BIS is going off from blackberry's(the company, not the phone) servers.
    So there shouldn't be a problem that the phone can't setup email.

I cam help you find the link later.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by info600; 08-29-09 at 09:14 PM.
    08-29-09 09:11 PM
    Ok I can connect with my bb software to my pc. I guess the big thing is if the phone doesnt have the option to add an account on it, then what else is wrong or not installed or working right, etc?

I can add an email via BIS and probably sync accounts with my Outlook; I just want to have the phone configured as if I had bought it from AT&T in the first place.

thank you for having taken the time to help and reply
    08-29-09 10:07 PM
    if thats the case then you might have missed something when you upgraded the OS.

Otherwise I have no idea (unless you forgot something else).
    08-30-09 02:46 AM
    got it figured out and thought i would post in case it helps anyone else

if you switch a berry from tmo to att it wont allow for personal emails to be added directly via the phone. You have to register at BIS and add the emails there and push the books.

So I didnt do anything wrong, its just how it is. I would recommend erasing the phone and reinstalling and then editing out what you dont want in there via the great threads on crackberry!
    11-11-09 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD