hey guys

i've been having the problem of not being able to accept phonecalls when my phone has been in standby. I see the call come in, the picture and name pop up. However, when i go to press the pearl to accept the call or even press the send button to accept the call, i get NO response. I cant even reject the call by using the pearl or the end call button. Once i actually miss the call, i cant use those buttons again unless i again go into standby, then come out of standby, THEN i can call the person back.. this is becoming more of a nussance. I am wondering if anyone has come across this problem yet??

Oh, i have also been getting an uncaught exception error occasionally. I dont know if thats a coinky dink or what...... i have not copied down the exact error, but it is an uncaught exception.
    06-20-07 07:02 AM
    When you say 'standby' are you talking about when you put your device in it's holster, or are you saying you've pressed the 'mute' button to manually put it in 'stanby'?

Also, any third party software installed? Try a battery pull, too...
    06-20-07 07:24 AM
    yes, when i press the mute button. I dont have an official holster, i just put the bb in my shirt pocket. but i use the mute/standby feature to keyguard. This problem started probably shortly after installing the colortrackball program come to think about it......

I'll try to uninstall the colorpearl and re-install it. This does NOT occur all the time... its pretty random.. usually when its an important call or my wife.... hehehe she gets pissed when i dont answer (cant answer because of this stupid problem) then i have to call her back....

anyways, so thast the scoop...

any ideas???

i've already reset the phone, and took the battery out... so far it hasnt happend, but no important calls yet...

thanks
    06-20-07 12:42 PM
    Try uninstall the colour trackball software (don't reinstall). Use it for a few days, and see how it acts. Then reinstall if all ok. I use to have that software, and they never seemed to happen to me, BUT, I didn't use the 'mute / standby' option to often...
    06-20-07 01:10 PM
    NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! dont do any of that!! The same thing was happening to my Blackberry Pearl. I called T-mobile and they asked me when was the last time i turned my phone off - to which i replied 'never, cause i hate to miss a call', and they explained that the Blackberry (which is a smart phone) is just like a computer. They need to be turned off (not just put on standby) every couple of days to keep things running smoothly. If you just keep it on 24 hrs a day 7 days a week, then its gonna start to slow down or freeze.

So yeah, just turn it off every once and a while and that should fix things. I went into the Options menu on my phone and selected "Auto On/Off" and set my phone to turn off everynight at 4am, and turn back on at 6am. and since then i havent had a problem with it freezing while on Standby! D

Hope this helps!
    08-16-07 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD