I have managed to access the HelpMe! screen on blackberry pearl 9105 but I can't access the escreen/engineering screen from there.. I have tried various codes from all kinds of websites but I dont know how to enter them as Pearls dont have keyboards. Does anyone know how to enter the generated codes? please I need help its so frustrating some websites say have alt on others say no. Also my uptime is changing constantly everytime i go back to the help me screen uptime has changed. Is there an alternative way to get to escreen? im willing to try anything plzplzplzpzl thanks
    04-30-11 10:48 AM
    Here's what I posted in another place..

"The key point that caused me the most problems was entering the unlock code in the HelpMe screen. I tried all sorts, to no avail. It turns out that the answer is just to press the keys that have the relevant characters on them, don't worry about tap settings. What I mean is, if it says for example 'c' (or 'b'), just press the '2/abc' key *once*, and so on for other characters. That got me to the engineering screen and I entered the data for Orange UK."

The Orange UK settings are provided in a PCPro post)

This works for OS5 - when I briefly tried OS6, I couldn't get to the escreen
    05-04-11 04:00 PM
    Right, I'm now on OS6 and cannot get to the escreen.
    05-05-11 07:59 AM
    Lack of UMA was enough to make me downgrade again. I couldn't find any reference to getting to the escreen on OS6. I wonder if it has been stopped (or at least the method changed) by RIM to stop folk fiddling?

Would like to go back to OS6 but am waiting for the official Orange version so that I don't lose UMA - having said that, it's been flaky recently and it might just be something to do with the u/g to 5.0.0.972 which I did recently. I might try reverting and see if it helps.

Please post back if you do find anything on OS6 and the escreen. Can you try it on a device with a "proper" keypad?
    05-05-11 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD