I've had my phone for 5 days now. Last night I put it on the charger, did a couple more things on it (set up BBM) and went to bed. When I got up this morning, I could see there were messages, but when I opened the flip, the inner screen was black. Strangely, the outer screen was fine, but wouldn't fade to black like normal ( by this point it was off the charger). I've done enough reading to know to do a battery pull for pretty much any problem, and yes, it worked, but now I'm worried something is wrong with my phone. Has this happened to anyone?
    Last edited by Dancemom27; 08-29-09 at 12:54 PM.
    08-29-09 12:32 PM
    I get this problem occasionally with the outer screen. 2 suggestions....if you are that worried about it, then go back to the store and ask for a replacement.
    Or you can try upgrading to newer software. I noticed that you are with rogers, they dont have any newer software for the 8220. So you would have to download the software from another carrier and delete the vendor.xml file before you load it.

But if its only been 5 days....id suggest taking it back, so that you are not constantly thinkin "i shouldve taken it back! "
    08-29-09 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD