When I'm typing something on my Pearl, the device defaults to "US" instead of "is". Maybe it's just me but I think that "is" is much more common when typing instead of "US". It's a minor annoyance but it's happened enough for me to finally find out how to fix it.

Any ideas?
    07-18-09 12:27 PM
    Go into memopad and repeatedly type a note "is is is is is is is". Correct it anytime that it types US. It should learn after you do that a few times. I typed SA instead of South Africa a lot and all of a sudden when I typed "as" it would come up as "SA". A minute or two in memopad helped.
    07-18-09 12:30 PM
    Good try, but BlackBerry SureType is not that smart.

SureType will cycle between the letter choices. If it's wrong the first time, backspace and keypress will be right on the second try. You will learn to love it.

07-18-09 06:32 PM
    I got annoyed enough by this that I actually just added 'is' to my custom dictionary on my pearl
    07-19-09 12:54 AM
    I needed to type ST a lot and now every attempt to type "at" comes up "ST" or "st". ST/st isn't in my custom dictionary, and it's not in autotext. Anyway to get rid of it? I tried the typing in memopad thing to no avail.
    08-07-09 08:38 AM
    In all deference to Reed, Suretype is still driving me nuts after almost a year of use. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get it to stop typing "are" first when I want to type "see", "out" first when I want to type "put", etc.

I'm at a loss, thought I would like it. Sometimes I can type really really fast, and sometimes I want to throw it out the window.

I'm picking up a Tour soon partially b/c of this, partially b/c I can't take having constantly to look at how much file free mem I have, and partially b/c I want the next big thing.
    08-07-09 10:23 AM
    In all deference to Reed, Suretype is still driving me nuts after almost a year of use. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get it to stop typing "are" first when I want to type "see", "out" first when I want to type "put", etc.

I'm at a loss, thought I would like it. Sometimes I can type really really fast, and sometimes I want to throw it out the window.

I'm picking up a Tour soon partially b/c of this, partially b/c I can't take having constantly to look at how much file free mem I have, and partially b/c I want the next big thing.
    my thoughts EXACTLY. except i can only drool over the tour, not actually own one.
    08-07-09 10:53 AM
    I don't mind SureType. My friends realize what I meant when I type something wrong and I love the size of my pearl and the keys on the keypad. I do hate not having a lot of memorry. I hate that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 12:54 PM
    I had to search and found this thread. Just replying to say that opening up a memo works really well.

My fiancee was always making fun of me for sending her texts about "ducking" this or that.

I typed "ducking" and before hitting space, scrolled down to select the word which I would actually like to use multiple times until ducking was not what was initially selected.

Not sure why this didn't work from my constant correction of this in text messages when I caught it, but now it enters the right word each time.

Other than a few instances where I have to correct for the right word, suretype seems to get it right about 90% of the time. Using this phone instead of my old WinMo SCH-i760 is a definite time saver, especially since this phone only cost $46 shipped used off of feebay.
    10-01-09 01:11 PM
    I like the one handed typing ability. Also when you finally get the word you're looking for click the track ball. That should save it to your custom dictionary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD