Alright, after having the Storm since release day I have given up on it for the time being and I went back to old-reliable, the Pearl.

Since going back I put the latest OS on the 8130 and used the 'Device Switch' option in Desktop Manager. The problem is that after I did this I had two icons for email settings, one works and one doesn't and I can't figure out how to delete the bad on, only hide it.

Any ideas? I have done a wipe and a restore from backup and it is still there.
    12-17-08 09:39 AM
    I just ran into a similar problem and I'm still not sure if I did it right. I went into Options---> Advanced Options ---> Service Book ---> and then deleted the Service Book for the email address/icon that I wanted to get rid of. I don't know what all it got rid of, but the icon is gone.

Anyone know the right way for removing an old/expired email address...? I tried going through the BB Online set up as well and the settings there and the phone don't seem to be on the same page.

Thanks.
    12-17-08 11:57 AM
    I just tried this and I see I have duplicate entries in the service books for the 2 emails I have on the phone but when I remove the one I still have a second Email Settings icon.
    12-17-08 01:44 PM
    What about after a battery pull restart...?
    12-17-08 03:18 PM
    What about after a battery pull restart...?
    Nope... I may just have to wipe the phone, start from a blank OS, and then only do a selective restore. I didn't want to have to spend that much time on it but it will end up annoying me if I don't fix it.
    12-18-08 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD