Hi all...

I just got my Pearl from Verizon 3 weeks ago...up until this week, I didn't have the unlimited data plan, because I wasn't traveling. This week I upgraded, and added my e-mail to it.

My questions are:

1. We do not operate off Microsoft Exchange...I simply set up the e-mail using the internet service.

Is there any way to keep my e-mails from continuing to receive when I"m sitting at work? I hate to have to go through & delete e-mails off the BB when I've already gone through them in Outlook. Every search I've done turns up info with the redirector and Microsoft Exchange, which doesn't apply to me.

2. My calendar KEEPS doubling upon synchronization. I've tried removing the battery, and have gone into desktop manager & cleared out the extra calendar files several times...right now, I'm showing FOUR calendar files in there...two of them have the same # of entries. Each of them is called "calendar," except one, which is called "Calendar - All."

It seems it doubles again whenever I make a change, addition, or deletion, no matter if it's on the BB device, or in Outlook. Is there some sort of patch that will fix this, or is there something else I'm not doing?

Thanks in advance!! I leave for a trip tomorrow, & would like to not be completely overwhelmed.....
    05-21-08 12:56 PM
    I am unsure of how to solve your Calendar problem, but I can help you with the email question.

If you have your email set up through BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service), then all you need to do is simply log into your service provider's BIS site. Click on your email account and you should have the option to not forward messages to the device. I have AT&T and I use this feature when I'm at work also. I turn off the message forwarding before I leave for work and I turn it back on right before I leave to go home.
    05-21-08 01:44 PM
    hmmm...i logged in the verizon blackberry internet site, and the only options for my account that i'm getting are:

the e-mail account name
    reply to name
    my name
    username
    password
    signature
    auto bcc
    a checkbox for "synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device," which is not checked.

anywhere else i should be looking?

EDIT: i found it in the filters setting...testing now...
    Last edited by tigergreen; 05-21-08 at 05:14 PM.
    05-21-08 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD