Is there any way to turn it off because my keyboard is so erratic that it often double types the space and then i end up with periods every couple of words..
    08-22-08 11:35 PM
    Have you reset your device? First try a soft reset, Alt-R.Shft-Del. For Pearl users, there's Soft Reset from Geek and Proud: geek and proud - BlackBerry Software

If that doesn't solve your problem, and it probably won't in this case, you can do a harder reset by taking out the battery with the phone on. Leave it out for about 30 seconds. Put it back. Among other things, that will force a rebuild of the indexes and reload the operating system into contiguous memory and may fix the problem.

NOTE: When you pull the battery, there is a very slight risk of corrupting your OS, resulting in your having to wipe/reload your device. Be sure to perform a backup before the battery pull. If you can resolve your problem by a soft reset, Alt-R.Shft-Del, you should. You should only pull the battery if the phone is locked up, or you can't soft reset, or soft reset doesn't solve the problem, which is likely in this case.
    08-23-08 12:00 AM
    i have to do hard resets pretty regularly cuz my phone lags down and that hasn't fixed the keyboard problem issues, that almost seems like its sensetivity has gotten worn out
    08-23-08 12:07 AM
    That could be. After all, the space bar gets tapped a lot. It can also be a symptom of water damage, although that usually affects more than just one key. You may be about ready for a new phone.
    08-23-08 12:11 AM
    yeah, cept the thing is, this phones only 4 months old.... and I'm not eligible for another year and a half...
    08-23-08 12:44 AM
    All BlackBerry's have a year warranty. You will get a refurbished unit, but it will be better than what you have. You should consider the option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 12:50 AM
    the warranties probably not transferable though is it? I got the phone from someone who "supposedly" had had it for a couple weeks and didn't like it... >.<
    08-23-08 01:04 AM
    I don't know. It would be worth asking. Or if the original owner is a friend, get him to return it. Otherwise you may now know why he didn't like it.
    08-23-08 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD