Ok, I'm approaching a bank and notice a group of men togged out in balaclavas toting sawn-off shotguns. Hmm, I think a bank blag going off; best phone Lily Law on my Blackberry Pearl 8220 Smartphone. Right, let�s turn it on...

�Hello, is that the police? I�m phoning to report a bank robbery which occurred around 5 minutes ago. Sorry I didn�t call sooner, but it took that long for my Blackberry Pearl 8220 Smartphone to switch on...�

Why does it take such an interminable length of time for this Blackberry to switch on? Not a lot of use in an emergency, is it?
    01-16-09 07:43 AM
    That is only a problem if you run the battery dry and need to charge from a cold state. The long bootup is because there is A LOT of software that drives the BB that requires bootup initialization and verification. Once you get past that the first time, turning it on and off is quite fast. That is because when you turn it off, it maintains a low power state in which the phone is still active, just low power. If your phone is taking forever even from a low power state, make sure your battery is still good, update your firmware, or check to see if you might have a defective phone.
    01-16-09 03:31 PM
    I always turn my Flip power off instead turning fully off. This case to turn it back on takes just a flip.
    01-20-09 08:48 PM
    That is only a problem if you run the battery dry and need to charge from a cold state. The long bootup is because there is A LOT of software that drives the BB that requires bootup initialization and verification. Once you get past that the first time, turning it on and off is quite fast. That is because when you turn it off, it maintains a low power state in which the phone is still active, just low power. If your phone is taking forever even from a low power state, make sure your battery is still good, update your firmware, or check to see if you might have a defective phone.
    Thanks fo the advice. How can I tell if the phone is defective? My idea of a defective phone may not be the same as Blackberry's.

Another problem I have found with my phone is it doesn't always ring. In recent weeks I've missed scores of phone calls because the phone, with profile setting 'Normal (Active)', isn't ringing.

Now, as far as I'm concerned that points to a defective phone.
    04-11-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD