Can someone tell me how to keep this phone from auto capping the first letter of the first word. I am trying to type in my user name which is all lower case and I cannot find out to turn off the capitalization. I cannot get into the site because of this. Thanks.
    12-02-09 03:32 PM
    Don't think u can. but I usually backspace to delete the capital letter and retype it and it comes in lower case.
    12-02-09 03:36 PM
    That isn't something that can be turned off. The only way to get around it is to type the letter, backspace to delete it, and type it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 08:13 PM
    Surely there is some way to keep the auto capitalization of the first letter of the first word. Backspacing/delete does not work for me. It automatically kicks it right back to the cap when you move to the next letter. I need this for a username. HELP!
    12-03-09 09:58 AM
    There really isn't any way to turn it off; on the Pearl Flip or any other BlackBerry device.

You could try making your user name an autotext with the first letter lowercase and change the "Smart Case" setting to "Specified Case".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 09:53 PM
    I finally took the phone to Cellular South. It seems you have to type the entire user name, then go back to the first letter and delete it and retype it. This worked and I hope it works every time I need a new user name. This is a flaw that needs to be fixed or at least be addressed in the manual.
    12-09-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD