I just recently got my blackberry pearl 8110 from At&t, i was a nextel/sprint customer for the longest time. i was in love with the pearl in pink and i wanted to get it so i switced services, expecting to be fully satisfied but im not

Here is my problem. With my old phone/service i was able to text message anyone, with any carrier mms/sms messages and they'd receive it with no problem. Ever since i got my blackberry pearl, i'm sending messages to verizon wireless phones and they cant receive my picture messages. they can receive text messages, but no picture messages. Anyone know what can be the problem? I called At&t and they went through the phone notification options and everything seems to be right.

Also, problem number 2:
    When someone sends me a picture in a text message, i try to forward it to someone and they receive an icon to open the image but when they open it, it has a box where the image should open up and it doesnt show any picture just the word IMAGE with an x. What's the problem, am i not forwarding it right? how do you forward a picture exactly, by clicking on the menu on that message and selecting forward? b/c i did that and looks like it didnt work out. Anyone know anything different?

Also, problem number 3:
    Sometimes while i'm searching through my address book, or messages, or some other menu, the hourglass looks like it froze, like it does on the computer, and an error message pops up and says: Input error, system restarting.
    Anyone know what could be wrong with that?

Thanks in advance, ur help would really be appreciated.
    10-29-08 10:08 PM
    are you guys serious, nobody knows anything? and i thought i came to the right forum. ...sheeshhh... if you know it'd be nice to help out
    10-30-08 11:24 AM
    Also, problem number 3:
    Sometimes while i'm searching through my address book, or messages, or some other menu, the hourglass looks like it froze, like it does on the computer, and an error message pops up and says: Input error, system restarting.
    Anyone know what could be wrong with that?
    Check your free memory: Options / Status / File Free:

What you are describing is typical of the problems caused by low available memory. Any time "File Free" drops below 12 000 000 bytes, the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay will guide you:

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 12 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has. Finally, you can't at this time run programs from a Media Card. Programs have to be installed in and executed in device memory.
    10-30-08 11:34 AM
    NObody has any problems with other carriers, specifically verizon wireless, getting picture messages?
    10-30-08 03:21 PM
    I am with Alltel and I have problems sending multi page messages to Sprint users. If this type of problems exists then there are probably more. I know I can send pics to Sprint, Verizon, and US Cel though.

BTW, never trust asking carrier reps about other carrier questions. Been there, done that, they just lie. lol
    10-30-08 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD