Hello,

I'm having an interesting problem upgrading my OS on my pearl.

I've downloaded the new OS(4.5), its from my vendor (mts), and I have desktop manager 4.5.

The manager doesn't seem to recognize that I need an upgrade, there is no option to just "upgrade" anywhere.

When I go to the help menu, and look at device properties, it says my BB is running 4.3. But when I go to "about desktop manager" and look at device software, it says I have 4.5 for the blackberry smartphone :/

Am I missing something really simple? Or do I need to download a newer version of the desktop manager?

Thanks for your help!
    07-04-09 01:11 AM
    Did you install the 4.5 BB OS to your computer? Once you download it, double-click it and it'll install it to the computer. You need to do that before you can upgrade your device's OS.
    07-04-09 01:16 AM
    Yep, the BB OS is installed.
    07-04-09 09:27 AM
    If I understand correctly, you are looking at the version information for BlackBerry Desktop Manager, not the device OS.

There is one sure way to confirm. Windows / Control Panel / Programs. There should be two installed BlackBerry software packages. The one that contains your upgraded software is BlackBerry Device Software v4.5 for ...

If that is not present, you will need to download and install it. Then your upgrade will proceed.

07-05-09 10:41 AM
    I'm very sure I have the BB OS 4.5 downloaded, and installed.

It seems like the desktop manager thinks my phone is already upgraded, or something...

If everything goes right, I should have a button to upgrade via my desktop manager, right?
    07-05-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD