I recently discovered an app called the Color Pearl, and stuck it onto my phone. I set the color to red, which matches my theme, and I found a problem. There happens to be a plain white light underneath the trackball, so its making my dark red turn into a rather pink like shade, and that bothers me. I have googled and searched for many sources saying that it cannot be changed, or its due to the amount of sunlight being exposed to my phone. So I decided to make an account on Crackberry, and ask the pro's myself. Any app or tiny little change i can make on my Blackberry to fix this problem, I greatly appreciate.

And due to the fact that I have a new account... It requires that I have 10 or more posts, so sadly, I can't show a picture of what my phone looked like before the white light came on and turned my phone all.. pansy like.
    05-22-10 01:56 AM
    Use my guide and upgrade to a 4.5 OS, there's a link for BlingBall in there. Gives you much more control over your TB color.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 07:30 AM
    I used Blingball when I had my pearl
    05-23-10 10:34 AM
    Hmm... Wulf, would downloading OS 4.5 and Blingball give me control over the white light under the TB and the keypad?
    05-26-10 11:20 PM
    Hmm... Wulf, would downloading OS 4.5 and Blingball give me control over the white light under the TB and the keypad?
    You have no device info listed, but unless you have an 8100, BlingBall is not going to work.
    05-27-10 04:59 AM
    Neither ColorPearl or Blingball can control the keypad backlight. And the white LED that lights the trackball is tied to the keypad backlight. So, anytime the keypad lights up, it will wash out the other colored LEDs no matter what.

That's why the only choices I use are "cyan" or "white". "Cyan" doesn't wash out as badly, and "white" lights up all 3 LEDs so the added white only makes it look a little brighter. And it makes the ball look like an opel with all the different colors showing depending on which way you look at it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD