Hey all, I'm kinda clueless with the berries, yet have to try to support a few. The trouble device in this case is an 8110 that seems to get corrupt databases about once a week. DM is 4.7 (latest supported by AT&T), phone software is 4.5. It syncs with a desktop machine, and a laptop. When it does it's trick it tries to delete info from either/both machines, though usually not the same amount. 165 from one 148 from another etc...

My fix so far has been, (works in both directions, do this on the laptop and the desktop syncs correctly after-wards and vice versa, so I'm fairly sure its the database on the phone becoming corrupt.)
    Backup phone data
    clear data from phone database
    delete intellisync folder
    re-setup sync.

After that it seems to work ok for another week or so, then the problem returns. This time around the user accepted the changes, and lost a good chunk of his calendar. syncing with the phone now reveals pseudo normal behavior, i.e. it only has a couple of additions/deletions, but makes no effort to restore the big block of data on the phone, back to the desktop machine. It is set (I'm 99% sure) to store data in the calendar for 90 days. The data deleted in this particular snafu was about 30 days worth.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? He doesn't beat the phone with a dead salmon or anything. It just consistently breaks in the same manner roughly every 7-12 days.
    10-15-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD