Hello Fellow Crackberries,(Blackberry Pearl addict)

I am going to Italy in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone has taken their phone overseas to use. I am a T-Mobile customer. Trying to decide if I should pay to get my email but if there isn't much connection it wouldn't make sense.

Thanks for any and all info!

Margaret
    06-05-08 10:56 AM
    only experience overseas with tmo for me is mexico and kuwait (on my way into iraq my phone actually worked for a bit). be prepared to have one hefty bill upon returning. also, you have to call tmo cs and have them activate your international service. its "free" and it just lets you roam off that countries providers... i.e. in mexico i had TELCEL service...
    06-05-08 11:52 AM
    you can get you phone unlocked then you a sim card from over there to save your bill
    06-05-08 11:54 AM
    you can get you phone unlocked then you a sim card from over there to save your bill
    Haven't been to itally but, Belgium, germany, UK and India. Tell T-mobile to swithch on interantional and you get great service (at $2.50 a minute). The email and data is like $19.99 a month, and I get really good data and email unlimited.

I have looked at the local SIM cards but don't know how to get my Pearl 8100 unlocked. Can anyone explain this?
    06-08-08 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD