I'm traveling to England for a short (5 days) stay. I have a Pearl thru Verizon on a regular plan. Will I be able to use the phone and receive/send e-mail while there? I'd rather not change my plan or do anything special to use it................if using it is expensive, so be it. I'm simply wondering if it will work there without doing any changes?

Thanks
    11-13-08 12:20 PM
    i don't believe so you would be able to if you had a 8830 we with a sim slot
    11-13-08 12:21 PM
    Europe is GSM and Verizon is CDMA. Square peg in a round hole is the simple way of putting it. Your Verizon phone will not even be able to recognise UK networks
    11-13-08 03:37 PM
    I tool my pearl to the UK in may and had no service whatsoever. Nothing worked at all. There are no Cdma networks in the UK.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 05:20 PM
    Thanks, guys...................time to upgrade
    11-14-08 06:35 AM
    Hi the phone is Quad band, yes i know only 3 of the bands really work. But i have travelled through Europe and traveled to the USA and all worked fine email and phone etc. Just ask provider to set up roming. ask about costs as it can be a shock when you next get your bill!!!! But i live in rip off Brition were everythink cost twice as much.

hope that helps
    11-14-08 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD