Hello all, it's me again!

I am having trouble putting photos/wallpapers from my computer to my BB.

Here's what i am doing:

Saving the picture in my picture folder on the computer
    Copying and pasting the file into the (F drive (which is my blackberry's drive)
    It shows up on my computer screen that the file is in the (F drive when i plug and unplug it, but it never shows up in the pictures file on the blackberry device

What am i doing wrong?

Also there are no folders, just a blank drive to put it on.
    04-13-09 07:57 PM
    does your desktop manager have a media manager in it?
    04-13-09 07:58 PM
    wait i just read it again, you need to install blackberry desktop manager first and load it from there
    04-13-09 07:58 PM
    How do I go about that? Sorry I am completely BB clueless :P
    04-13-09 07:59 PM
    How do I go about that? Sorry I am completely BB clueless :P
    if your blackberry didnt come with a cd with desktop manager on it, go to blackberry.com put in your region and go to desktop software. click your model blackberry and download the desktop software, make sure its says the one with media manager on it though.
    04-13-09 08:01 PM
    04-13-09 08:03 PM
    It does not have the 8100 Pearl on there?
    04-13-09 08:05 PM
    the device manager will connect with any model
    04-13-09 08:07 PM
    So from there the picture transferring is pretty self explainatory?
    04-13-09 08:08 PM
    ok go to your options screen, click about and what version software are you using. for example mine says v4.6.194
    04-13-09 08:09 PM
    So from there the picture transferring is pretty self explainatory?
    ya once you download it just click on media manager and its pretty simple you just click the pictures folder and browse through your computer where you have them saved or vice versa
    04-13-09 08:10 PM
    Why is media manager necessary when enabling mass storage mode on the BB does the same thing.
    Once thats done- just drag and drop from your PC to card.
    04-13-09 08:50 PM
    +1 to ScandaLeX

You guys are making this much more difficult than it actually is. Ditch the bloody Roxie and listen to foxy!
    04-13-09 09:51 PM
    I enable mass storage on my card and it still does not show up in my pictures folder? I drag and drop?
    04-14-09 01:40 AM
    I enable mass storage on my card and it still does not show up in my pictures folder? I drag and drop?
    On your card? Mass storage is enabled on your BB.
    04-14-09 01:41 AM
    Media Card

Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode
    When Connected:
    Prompt

This is how my screen reads, my Media Card settings? Is anything wrong, because drag and drop is still not showing up.
    04-14-09 01:47 AM
    Media Card

Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode
    When Connected:
    Prompt

This is how my screen reads, my Media Card settings? Is anything wrong, because drag and drop is still not showing up.
    Change that to yes.
    04-14-09 01:53 AM
    Still no luck.... Do I have to have folders for the files to be dropped into? There is no folders on the window when I open the drive. Also it says on the top of my sceen Data Connection Refused.. I thought that was about not having a browser, is that apply to this?
    04-14-09 01:57 AM
    Yes. When you plug your phone into USB, the folders on your card will appear in whatever drive letter the BB is using.
    04-14-09 01:59 AM
    Right. But there are no folders in my drive which happens to be F:/VSALLUSTIO/ It reads blank, do I create some folders?
    04-14-09 02:00 AM
    So I created a Folder called "pictures" then a subfolder titled "device memory" just like how i open pictures from my phone. it doesnt show up?/
    04-14-09 02:02 AM
    Right. But there are no folders in my drive which happens to be F:/VSALLUSTIO/ It reads blank, do I create some folders?
    When I plug my Curve in, there are 4 folders- don't recall the names of each one right now. I don't understand why your folders are not showing. Did you reformat your card?
    04-14-09 02:04 AM
    No reformat at all. Just not showing up?
    04-14-09 02:04 AM
    The only thing I can suggest right now since you have no folders on your card is to format it using the BB; then hook it up to your computer and see what happens.

It's very possible also that the card is no good.
    04-14-09 02:06 AM
    How Do I format it?
    04-14-09 02:07 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD