I understand that the SIM card has the info on it . but everything I downloaded was for the 8100 now I am upgrading to the 8120 do I need to download over again?
    04-29-08 09:41 PM
    What do you mean by 'The Info'?

You will need to back up your 8100 with Desktop Manager and use Switch Device to load the back up onto your 8120.
    04-29-08 10:06 PM
    The only thing that comes over by default is your phone number...

If you are going from the 8100 to the 8120, use your desktop manager and use the "Switch Device Wizard"

It will bring everything over from the 8100.
    04-30-08 12:23 AM
    I understand that the SIM card has the info on it . but everything I downloaded was for the 8100 now I am upgrading to the 8120 do I need to download over again?

What info are you talking about??
    04-30-08 12:28 AM
    He's just talking about address books on the SIM card, which by now are mostly likely residing on your BB's internal memory. Thus, as everyone said, using the Switch Device Wizard will copy all of that, your programs, themes, message histories, etc etc to the new phone.
    04-30-08 08:21 AM
    He's just talking about address books on the SIM card, which by now are mostly likely residing on your BB's internal memory. Thus, as everyone said, using the Switch Device Wizard will copy all of that, your programs, themes, message histories, etc etc to the new phone.
    That is the info I was talking about, thanks for the input I totally forgot about the switch device wizard.
    thanks for all of your input.
    04-30-08 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD