I know there is many forums about this but I've looked at them all and they all say the same things. And I wanted specific help so..yeah.
    I've had my Pearl 8130 for about a year now. Lately the trackball has been giving me a lot of trouble. It wouldn't go a certain direction so I'd just take it out and mess around with it a bit and then leave it alone for a while and it'd start working again later. Yesterday I bought a new trackball because mine was pretty much worn smooth, and it wasn't white anymore. Now with this new trackball I'm having more problems than ever. Which doesn't really make sense. I have to push hard to get the mouse to move and it often scrolls up when I scroll down and vice versa. I've taken out the pearl and wiped around in there with a q-tip but I haven't used alcohol yet. All I have in my house currently is ethyl rubbing alcohol and I'm not sure if that will hurt my phone or not. I've restarted the phone many times and I've also turned it off and scrolled in the direction of the problem. Nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions?
    12-24-09 11:31 AM
    do not use rubbing alcohol. do you have a local store near you??? if so they will replace the trackball for you in store. they than take liability if it works or does not. and will replace the phone if necessary. if you use rubbing alcohol and anything goes wrong, your at fault and there will nothing you provider can do for you.
    12-24-09 11:44 AM
    Getting a BB with a trackpad?
    12-24-09 11:47 AM
    They DID replace it in the store for me. And it's worse than before. I really hate talking to those guys because I know more about my blackberry than they do, so I just let it go and figured I'd try to fix it on my own. Would they have to replace my phone since the guy there is the one who put the trackball in for me?
    12-24-09 11:48 AM
    Getting a BB with a trackpad?
    I wish. Too bad I still have like another year on my contract with this phone.
    12-24-09 11:48 AM
    I still need help on this guys. >.<
    Is there litmus paper underneath the pearl on an 8130?
    There is a little rectangle that I think may have been white but now its orangy. If that's the case then I know my problem is water damage.
    12-25-09 10:39 PM
    I have had trackballs go bad on three different blackberries. the first one I took apart and managed to ruin the whole shebang, the next one I kept rolling and rolling until finally it started working again, my current one, you could get it to click if you pushed straight down with a pen. So I went to my local AT&T store and they told me it was just dirty and to get an alcohol wipe like you use on your computer monitor and to let it dry out a little and then roll it around. It took 3 alcohol pads and about 3 hours...meaning I used a pad until it was dry and the ball worked for awhile and then I had to do it again, until 3 hours later the ball works like when it was brand new a year ago. Hope that helps.
    12-31-09 11:45 PM
    It sounds like, from my experience, that your trackball is installed upside-down.

When you remove the trackball, look at the bottom. You should see a silver 'spoon' on the back, the handle of the spoon should be pointing to the bottom of your device.

I've helped a few folks through this one, , and the unit installed in reverse also makes it hard to click it.

Please lemme know if that corrects your problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 01:39 AM
    I still need help on this guys. >.<
    Is there litmus paper underneath the pearl on an 8130?
    There is a little rectangle that I think may have been white but now its orangy. If that's the case then I know my problem is water damage.
    No, the 8130 has a different setup than the earlier versions of the Pearl. The click switch is totally different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD