hi all. I popped off my trackball and cover to place tape over the led to color my trackball. Well tonight i went to take the tape off and now when i try to press the ball and select something, it doesnt work right, and sometimes doesnt work at all. Its like clickin off center it seems.

Is there a way to fix this hopefully? and/or would verizon be able to take this back?

Please help.

Thanks,
    Brandon
    06-09-08 08:30 PM
    You may have the trackball in the wrong way. Try taking it out and turning it 90 degrees at a time.
    06-09-08 08:33 PM
    I tried that. Still too no avail

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 08:42 PM
    I hope you have insurance.
    06-09-08 08:46 PM
    Remove the tape u put in there

06-09-08 08:46 PM
    I don't have insurance. N I did remove it there's nothing in there now. I'm so screwed

06-09-08 08:54 PM
    Would I be able to add insurance to my plan tomorrow morning and then take it into Verizon after its on my plan?

06-09-08 09:07 PM
    The trackball ring has 3 sets of tabs on the underside. They must be pushed back into the slots on the right, bottom and left sides of the opening when you assemble it. The open (where the fourth set of tabs would reasonably be) section is toward the top of the phone. Other configurations may block the travel of the track ball.

06-09-08 09:35 PM
    If nothing works put the insurance on your phone and wait a day before you call verizon.

06-09-08 09:39 PM
    I have to wait a day?

06-09-08 09:41 PM
    well, if u wont be able to get insurance i suggest u just order a new trackball assembly... i think that would be ur best bet.
    06-09-08 09:44 PM
    I think I found the problem. The silver metal circle that the trackball clicks when you press it down got stuck to the tape and fell off. Also a part of the rim, one the black pieces, broke a Lil. Could I buy insurance tomorrow morning and then an hour or two later go to the store and have it replaced?

06-09-08 09:47 PM
    Or would I be better off taking it to the Verizon store and just saying it won't charge corectly and have them replace it?

06-09-08 10:43 PM
    Or would I be better off taking it to the Verizon store and just saying it won't charge corectly and have them replace it?

i think you can buy the trackball Assembly.
    06-09-08 11:10 PM
    I don't think you can add insurance after you purchase the device. If I remember, insurance must be added right away. Sorry, I hope I'm wrong.
    06-10-08 07:35 AM

Do you really feel right about cheating an insurance company?
    06-10-08 07:42 AM
    Buy a new trackball assembly. Getting the insurance and turning it in because you were screwing with it is at the very least dishonest. You mess with your phone at you own peril and you should take responsibility for your actions.

06-10-08 07:50 AM
    just buy a new trackball assembly, it'll cost u a lost less than an insurance claim.

p.s., the plastic tabs break very easily, u have to be careful with them
    06-10-08 07:57 AM
    Do you really feel right about cheating an insurance company?

i could care less about cheating a company!! any backdoor i can find im going to take it, phone companies screw thousands of customers every year
    06-10-08 07:58 AM
    exactly the way i feel success. lol im just wondering since the siver sticker that is on the motherboard fell off b/c of the tape. Would a trackball replacement still work?
    06-10-08 08:01 AM
    im not sure, i dont wanna keep removing my assembly and weaken the tabs. i mean most cell companies will let u add insurance after u have purchased the phones. They just make u wait 30 days til u can file a claim and they will call your phone a few times to make sure u have a working phone b4 they insure it, at least thats how asurion does it.

Get a new trackball, and call in to asurion and/or your cell carrier and see what options exist for insuring it.

The trackball assembly will only cost u 10-15 bucks
    06-10-08 08:14 AM
    ya i called vzw and im no longer able to add insurance to my phone since its passed the 14 day period. They said I am able to have it replaced today since today is the last day of the 30 day trial period. Only problem is that since the metal ring wont go back on, i dont know if i would be able to return it like that?
    06-10-08 08:22 AM
    and of course i am 2 days late for the 30 day return policy. wow hate my life
    06-10-08 08:41 AM
    i could care less about cheating a company!! any backdoor i can find im going to take it, phone companies screw thousands of customers every year
    You should not cheat companies (insurance or other). Your lack of morals is appalling. I work for Verizon and notified our Fraud Prevention Department about your attempt to defraud them. (It was very easy to identify you since you posted your BB pin!) As a result, your account has been tagged and you won't be able to replace your phone. Yo be busted my main man! Hope you enjoy your broken phone or paying $200+ for a new one!!
    06-10-08 10:23 AM
    You should not cheat companies (insurance or other). Your lack of morals is appalling. I work for Verizon and notified our Fraud Prevention Department about your attempt to defraud them. (It was very easy to identify you since you posted your BB pin!) As a result, your account has been tagged and you won't be able to replace your phone. Yo be busted my main man! Hope you enjoy your broken phone or paying $200+ for a new one!!

i dont have verizon you EFFING DUMAZZ

so maybe you should stop lying>???

haha and you work for verizon, but are using an ATT cell phone....hmm..riiiggghhhht
    Last edited by Success100; 06-10-08 at 10:27 AM.
    06-10-08 10:24 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD