I recently bought a pearl from a friend and it ahs been working perfectly until now... i played hockey on the outdoor rink for 2 hours tady with the phone in my pocket and now the track ball is screwed up.
    Sometimes it selects the highlighted command and other times it doesnt.. when I open a menu it automatically selects the first option and it sometimes selects commands

what should I do
    12-24-08 12:16 AM
    My son took his BB Pearl apart when his peal was sticking and acting erratic. He used the right size torx driver, and took it apart carefully. Cleaned out the ball and the socket it goes in with a q-tip and some alcohol. Put it back together and works great.

Give it a try. There are probably some instructions on here somewhere.
    12-24-08 12:59 AM
    Just pop the ring out and clean it or replace the trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 01:34 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

My son took his BB Pearl apart when his peal was sticking and acting erratic. He used the right size torx driver, and took it apart carefully. Cleaned out the ball and the socket it goes in with a q-tip and some alcohol. Put it back together and works great.

Give it a try. There are probably some instructions on here somewhere.
    You don't have to take apart the entire BB to clean the trackball!

12-24-08 10:11 AM
    I left it in rice overnight because it thought it might be wet... now the only problem is that the trackball wont select things, it moves fins and the menu problem reolved itself but now it wont selct things
    12-24-08 10:34 AM
    Did you follow the instructions on the link I posted in my previous thread on how to clean your trackball?

12-24-08 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD