OK so my track ball will go up left and right perfect but when i try to move it down it doesn't...the slight clicking noise it makes when you use it is missing..the ball does roll when i try to move down but i don't feel that grip (raspy) feeling i get when i move it in the other directions... now I would appreciate opinions and or suggestions that hopefully don't include opening my phone to clean it or replace LOL but well maybe someone else had a similar experience and found a way to clear the issue may it be something like dust or something making it not react... thanks everyone.

DK
    10-01-09 10:58 PM
    Hello knight. My trackball was getting stuck a few times also but what seemed to work for me was to constantly move the ball in all directions real fast and pressing down on it. Somehow it seemed to have gotten the kinks out and has been working well since. Hopefully that will work for you but I'm quite sure someone on here would have another idea.
    10-02-09 09:26 AM
    What actually worked for me, was I had accidentally dropped my phone and the trackball worked perfectly ever since. This phone is indestructible. The trackball stopped working after a little adventure in a friend's pocket in a river, then those drops fixed it good. I started too do the forcing that 8220flippin had mentioned, but had only been a temporary fix and left blisters on my thumbs. I do not recommend dropping your phone, though
    10-02-09 02:09 PM
    I don't know if T-Mobile does this, but I had an 8130 with Verizon previously with trackball issues. They let me take it in and they replaced the trackball free of charge on more than three occasions. I haven't tried it on my 8230 yet but hopefully I won't have to. Best of luck!
    10-03-09 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD