Hello there, I am trying to configure a new Blackberry Pearl to talk to an IMAP server.

Unfortunately, the Setup Wizard only has the option for a Blackberry server or nothing. What do I have to do to enable IMAP?

Also, how do I determine the model number of the phone? The AT&T box just says Blackberry Pearl.

Thanks!
    Mark
    03-04-08 12:17 PM
    ATT Pearl is 8100, as for the IMAP, i have no idea, i generally just use gmail.
    03-04-08 01:28 PM
    OK thanks. How do you configure Gmail? The Setup Wizard only has the option for a Blackberry server. I found a video for the 8100 setup that has an option to add or create an email address, but my phone does not have that option at all.
    03-04-08 02:33 PM
    I think you need to call ATT and have them provision your account for BIS, then you will get the personal email setup icon

Then you can login HERE
    and add addresses.
    And make sure you go into your gmail settings and enable POP3 and IMAP
    03-04-08 02:39 PM
    I just got the Pearl last week (love it), I set up a gmail and yahoo email account. I have not had any problems until today. I can no longer send emails replying from my yahoo account. I can receive from yahoo and send and receive from gmail. I have already sent my service books, but each time I try to resend a message, I get a red X in my display. I would appreciate suggestions??
    03-04-08 03:15 PM
    Cool thanks for the hot tip.

We called to turn on the data plan and things should be working soon. Unfortunately the AT&T support team deactivated the sim card at the same time
    03-04-08 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD